eBay

chinkamon

Have you chaps an chapesses seen these ads?

I'm sure they must be scam /fake ads? 

Apologies if not and it's someone on here,

But this person has mutiple ads all with same description, a few pics an a slightly different email address on the ads?

Screenshot_20200719_073242_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20200719_073245_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

• Thanks 1

I seen certain yanks too, cos I see these cars think ooo shud I shudnt I, then they're sold an I'm too late, then they reappear under this guise an I'm easily confused so then think hmmm was this the guy sellin it before or not ha! 

Easily spottable--they usually hack a legit users account-use a weird starting price (I dunno why they do this?)-then on one of the pics they add contact info (usually a gmail email address or similar) asking to include the item number or specific title of ad ( as they list 10's / 100's of other fake listings too) and not to contact thru Ebay. Also look at other items for sale-usually another 100 cars at ridiculous prices. If you are tempted (don't be) always contact thru Ebay-never send a deposit as would you ever buy a car without seeing it-really? Pisses me off having to scroll thru 50 pages of fake ads when browsing classic car section-Ebay take ages to remove and sometimes can't remove them-dunno why a multi billion pound company can't stop this...And if people do send deposits without actually seeing a car in the flesh well more fool them I say-remember the saying 'buyer beware'.

• Like 1

There was an ad on there a couple of weeks ago about a Sapphire Cossie-the ad was written by someone who was after info as the car had been used in a scam advert-and the bloke said at least 3 or 4 people had been stung out of deposits-I honestly couldn't believe this had happened-who would send an unknown person £3000 as a deposit on a car they hadn't seen in the flesh? I was thinking of sending messages to these scam ads or bidding ridiculous amounts-but thought better of it as then they had my user name and could possibly hack my account. If you ask to see the cars they come out with some bullshit about it being their uncles who is out of the country etc etc. send me some money i'll have it delivered lol...fools and their money!

They ask you to pay the funds into a holding account that is protected by eBay which gets released to them when you collect the item. They tell you that if you are not happy with the item you will get the funds back from the holding account. 

Guess what........... you are not covered.