Ascot classic car auction 17 April 2021

PeteRS8084

I checked out the Mk2 RS2000 as they are my preference and the guide price surprised me given the modifications - doesn't look 'dark blue' certainly more black! Thing I can't work out is the 'matching numbers' chassis and engine numbers - the former doesn't look genuine and the engine can't be so something don't add up! Those Capri's look good though!

• Thanks 1

Not sure about the Lotus Cortina either. Why would you go to the incredible trouble of doing a restore like that(difficult to say how good the body is from the pictures mind) and then paint in Alan Mann colours instead of the original white and green?

RS2000 doesn't appear to have genuine wheels either. Have they just not bothered to register the engine change, or even worse, stamped a new number on it?😲

23 hours ago, katana said:

Well duh! But Midnight Blue does actually look blue depending on what base its sprayed over - this probably used a black base LOL!

Not really its more light angle dependent as to whether the blue stands out or not otherwise it does in fact look black. That's the unique trait of Midnight Blue hence its name. That one doesn't look unusual for that colour to me.