Jump to content

luckyjim

Members
  • Posts

    557
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    8

Everything posted by luckyjim

  1. Hotel California by the Eagles.awesome tune.!
  2. 1. mk1 cortina 2. capri 3. 100e 4.mk2 cortina 5.mk1 consul 6.mk2 escort 7. mk3 zephyr 8.taunas
  3. just wondered...how a topic titled 'one for the ladies' has had so many views when the majority of us are blokes... ...jus saying... :-)
  4. hi fellas,it was my first time at the eagle and I must say I had a great time chatting to like minded people. it is awkward when you turn up at a meet like this for the first time especially if you are not too outgoing,but I must admit I didn't see the Anglia either so I am sure it was a case of people not realising steve1231500gt was there.i wont hesitate going back again (when my shifts allow) in the future.there were some nice cars there and I was shocked how many people living close to me are into old fords! its nice to talk to people who understand why we spend too much time/money on old motors,workmates and neighbours just don't get it! so to recap,I (and my mate doog) had a great time. heres to new friends!
  5. I am going to come and say hello,i am looking forward to having a chat with everyone,see you there.
  6. hi mate,whereabouts in Essex are you? cheers.
  7. anyone know what those seats are in the nz car pictured? I wouldn't mind a pair of those! I am glad I bought my escort when it was (relatively) cheap as the current prices put them out of the reach of many people,and parts prices have gone the same way. I saw a pair of rolltops go for £1600 on ebay last week.
  8. lol . I was going to make a comment but then thought of SmokeEms footer,so I wont ...lol
  9. go old skool and sell the leather interior to me...
  10. If you do decide to get some made up there is a small engineering shop at the globe works industrial estate in grays,but I cant remember what they are called now.if you enter the estate by Hewitts mot station then go down to the junction,turn left then left again into a yard with several units they are in there. hope this helps mate.
  11. New low; wifes car just died (water into the intake) New high; woohoo still got her old car the arsehole didn't pay for/collect to fall back on every cloud has a silver lining!
  12. Highs ; my son passing his cancer remission checks for another year watching my grandson in his first (pre)school play getting a 2% payrise and backpay (thanks to UNITE) buying some willwood 4 pots selling two cars when I needed the money Lows ; watching my sister fade slowly with cancer dropping a propshaft on my nos escort front wing suffering a bad back most of the year the two arsesoles that won the auctions on the two cars then ignored all contact costing me money merry Christmas everybody
  13. oops! I fitted red polybushes throughout on my escort cos they look coool against the black suspension components
  14. cheers loudboy,I have been trying to get up the eagle for awhile now,i will get there eventually mate!
  15. sorry,quotebox not working! that message was directed at chris standage
  16. hey chris,did you have this mk1 when you were an apprentice? I am pretty sure I remember the car!i used to drive petrol tankers for total oil out of coryton. I think we both might know my old mucker mark gray. I now drive for dairy crest,delivering milk to supermarkets.
  17. oooh that really is rather nice.
  18. wow that looks clean with the front bracing gone.i don't think it will weaken it,any wind getting under the bonnet will just move the stress points to the aero catches and you have strengthened that area with plates.a job well done I reckon .
  19. that's a gorgeous tina mate.i am sure you will be the envy of your mates.
  20. I loved each and every one I ever owned.mk1 Cortina gt,mk1 capri 1600gt,mk2 Cortina 2 dr 1500gt,consul classic,mk2 Cortina 4 dr i600,2 x consul capri gt's,mk3 zephyr 4,1950 sit up n beg popular,mk1 escort gt. I have never compiled a list before and each car has a particular good memory for me. I still regret selling the 2 door mk2 Cortina to this day(28 years later).in truth it was the most unreliable of all the above but it was bright red on lotus steels with the clocks on top the dash..and...ah good times.
  21. luckyjim

    X-Factor

    hhhmmm...I might know! lol.
×
×
  • Create New...