Jump to content

luckyjim

Members
  • Posts

    557
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    8

Everything posted by luckyjim

  1. Ray,if you need a top class trimmer you have neil tadman down your way.he trimmed some seats for my ford popular when he started out and I used those seats in various cars for many many years and they still looked as new the day they went(in a sold car)as the day he trimmed them.probably not cheap now(what trimmer is?) but top quality work.
  2. that's a cracking mk2 mate .love the early dash n gauges.
  3. welcome to osf. that mk1 sits so right.
  4. big welcome to you ray.i love to hear about all the detail differences,thanks for sharing.awesome car mate.
  5. hello there,welcome to oldskoolford.we like mk2's.we like tea.we like wagon wheels. you will go far...
  6. go for it mate!welcome.
  7. oh that's interesting....I am having trouble with my new gt pattern seat covers (see my post elsewhere) and it would appear that although they wont fit my seats,they would fit yours...maybe.the only problem you may find is your foam base/backing beneath the material is a different shape.here is what my gt seats look like stripped.hope this helps.
  8. I am looking for the rear of a capri to graft onto the back of my pickup
  9. what an awful lot of work to end up with something so wrong.somebody really grafted on this,getting the two roofs to blend must have been a nightmare as they are totally different widths and profiles.
  10. hmmm 100 % feedback.interesting.
  11. that is a lovely original motor.hope it finds a good home.
  12. Hi and welcome.what a buzz it must be shopping for an escort
  13. I know it can be a bit contrived but they genuinely have a good laugh and see some amazing places,looking forward to it.
  14. this was about 93 ish
  15. On a roll now lol...1987/8 ish I think
  16. Oh and I still have the ford popular too ! ,building it into a straight tubed gasser now(eventually)you can see it in the background here
  17. oh yes jo,I still have the escort (and the wife unfortunately lol)but the plan is to shoot that pic again when the car is done,with our grandson there too.my son Kristopher is 30 now,daughter Katie is 26 and grandson ryan is 4.they argue about inheriting the escort lol, here is another pic from that day.
  18. here is another one of me circa 1987/8/9,just painted my pop and looking pretty pleased with myself.the front wheels were just to roll it round!
  19. me, my wife and son at brands hatch with my escort in 1997(I am much more handsome 18yrs on lol)
  20. here is said girlfriend/wife in the groovy capri
  21. Haha the nickname came about because of my ability to crash without too much injury,i had already wrecked a few motorbikes up to this point and my girlfriend (now my wife of 34yrs) nagged me to get a car.
  22. lol the capri was hit when a lorry skidded on to my side of the road in the lanes,the Cortina was smashed when I was speeding(late for work)and a lorry pulled out of a side road on a bend and the consul capri gt was hit head on by a drunken driver.the capri(1600gtxlr)was bought by a bloke who repaired it apparently and I went on to buy a ford classic and pulled the hopeless 1340 from it and put in the1640 from the Cortina then repainted it .
  23. I have been going through old photos and found these.i was 18yrs old and I modified and wrecked these inside 9 months.never had an accident since(valuable lesson learned)
  24. wicked escort mate.welcome aboard.i had a rodded devon( with a fiat twincam) myself early 90's
  25. hello and welcome mate.quite a few fellas on here work abroad so there are other people here that understand the difficulties that you have.
×
×
  • Create New...