Jump to content

luckyjim

Members
  • Posts

    557
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    8

Everything posted by luckyjim

  1. hi and welcome
  2. That is indeed rather gorgeous.welcome to the site.
  3. hi mark and welcome.keep on looking for the right car.
  4. welcome,nice car.
  5. I like Chris Evans and actually met him in a petrol garage once he was all over the old ford popular I was driving and was a really nice bloke. he doesn't just like posh motors its just that he is fortunate enough to be able to afford any cars he likes (I think he still owns a morris minor) .the less said about Jodie kidd the better.If they wanted a doris who looks good(very good to a man my age),knows cars and knows how to pedal a car fast they should talk to Penny Mallory....
  6. welcome and I wish you luck finding your TC/TD.
  7. welcome to osf.I have a lot of admiration for you guys building cars out there,i am not sure I would want to be laying on the floor poking around in crevices with the nasty creepy crawlies and snakes and stuff you get!
  8. By the way,the slang word doris has always meant 'a bit of a goer' in this part of the world which could be misconstrued by some of our female members,could we not find an alternative?
  9. johnny mercer sounds like a good bloke,lets hope he can make some changes or at least make our veterans(and their familys) plights more widely recognised.
  10. welcome to osf Andrew.your fiesta looks very sharp
  11. hi mate,we may be selling my wifes mercury grey xr2 soon,all old mots and history,in our family for quite a few years now. a sound car but is used daily and getting to the point of needing a tidyup which I don't have the time to do.prices are all over the place for xr2,s so not sure on price but it will be in the region of 2250 I reckon.if you are anywhere near Essex you are more than welcome to come and have a look.
  12. I recently test fitted my parcel shelf and found there was nowhere to fix it to and I had to weld a tab to the column.my car never had a shelf there since I bought it,and I recently saw a 1967/68 press publicity photo of the interior which didn't have a parcel shelf on the drivers side either.i didn't think too much of it but now you have a similar problem I am wondering if the very early models didn't have one.which begs the question is your car an (early) 1968 model?
  13. welcome rich,100e plans sound good.
  14. how did the mot go jo?
  15. hi there,welcome to osf.
  16. lovely looking car,welcome.
  17. brilliant! you should have held onto the maestro van too.
  18. The Thunderdome was good because it had Tina Turner in it not wearing very much...
  19. by the way my feminine side wants to know if that's Leighton denny 'blue lagoon'
  20. what does P U O £ stand for jo?
  21. thanks everyone
  22. hi there dan and welcome to osf. that's a wicked escort.
  23. hi ben,nice cars you have there mate.are you going to get a white one to complete the set?
  24. I have been away for a bit and just realised I have lost my purple status so I am guessing I need to pay my subs but I cant find anything that tells me who to pay,where and how much! sorry if I am being a bit dense but any info would be appreciated.
  25. that does indeed look lovely.welcome to you mate.
×
×
  • Create New...