Jump to content

emu

Members
  • Posts

    2,599
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by emu

  1. Where is the carpark? I dont mean the address. Is is a company carpark? Residential? Council. A few enquiries with security or random residents or even messages on notice boards might help you along a bit Is it worth sending another £2.50 to DVLA as well? You might get a more understanding person deal with it the next time.
  2. Dual mass flywheels are a load of gash. I imagine that the manufacturers will tell you that it makes the car smoother or something, but who can honestly tell the difference? Very few people I imagine. The only difference they know about is the impact on the wallet. One of the aftermarket parts manufacturers (QH I think ) now make conventional flywheel/clutch combinations to replace dual masses.
  3. If its just a couple of dents in the bonnet then why not see about getting one of the paintless dent boys to take a look at it for you?
  4. The rectifier converts the AC voltage that the alternator produces into DC that the battery can store. If the diodes pack up then you can get AC going to the battery, which will do a good job of knackering it. If the charge check that Savvi described seems ok, then might be worth getting a ripple test done
  5. How about maplins? If you have a branch local to you then they might be able to match something up for you http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?cri ... &source=15
  6. Looking good mate Which pipework do you need??
  7. The capri rack operates to the 'front' of the hub centre line. For instance, when turning right, the left hand side of the rack effectivey gets shorter and pulls the wheel to point right. The corsa rack operates tor the 'rear' of the hub centre line. So in the example of turning right again, the left hand side of the rack, becomes longer and pushes the wheel to point right. Chuck the corsa rack back on fleabay and fit a manual capri rack. It is already designed to work with the suspension geometry you have in the location you have. Your making a shitload of unnecessary aggro for yourself by insisting on trying to make a corsa rack fit. The corsa rack isnt even going to be that much, if any, of a weight saving over a manual capri rack either.
  8. yeah it looks too high, if it was halfway down the door rather than on the fold it'd probably be better.... shame.... here comes photoshop again See, now I think it looks too low and needs to be almost at the top of the door, like the mk1 up there ^^^^^ But that just goes to show that we all have diferent ideas, there is no wrong or right
  9. The car reckoned it was 34 degrees in Camberley this afternoon. It was a much more artic like 30 by the time I got back down to Gosport
  10. I think if the lines of the paintjob was copied from the mk1 onto a mk3 (with, perhaps mk2 x-pack arches) then it would work just fine. However, personally im not keen on that example mk3. I think that is because the placing of the colour join seems to break the side of the car up in the wrong place. Just My opinion though
  11. 1. Noodles 2. MK2_Escort_chick 3. bustermb 4. Trevmk3 5. peterholmes56 6. escortmad4eva 7. Steve Dray 8. Hunter T 9. Ratman 10. Lukey 11. 442 12.bigdaz27 13.harrier ian 14. Aden 15 wild pete 16. louie bagel 17 Fastferret mk1zetec 18. JP. 19. glenbo 20. bryancapri 21. BaileyMex 22. mex255l (+2) 23. SebringRS 24. Skippy 25. huxmk1 26. rs2000rik 27. immingham 28.Tucker 29. Girl Racer 30. lurch914 31. bomber1 32. *DAVE* 33. tommy2ltr 34. mk1 kev 35. nickb 36. frenchy 37. cortinamad 38. Emu 39. Emu's dad
  12. My mum and dad met on blind date. One of the dads mates from his RN basic training was seeing one of my mums friends
  13. emu

    Nuke it

    Well, should Bocks Car do a fly past and target pompey dockyard then it looks like I should be ok Next door are pretty much buggered though
  14. I dont think that lotus steels sound like the right wheels for a late cortina. But im wrong, they really do suit it Bonnet definately looks better all gold though
  15. I seem to remember reading somewhere recently that a Pinto slips straight into a viva with crossflow engine mounts
  16. emu

    the new RS...

    You got that Mi16 205 in your sig too? Yeah, both mine Lots of scrabbling and Lift-off oversteer all the way then Always like 205 (and 309) GTi's. Never tried one with a 16 valver though
  17. Thing is, a lot of that isnt even 'text speak'. Most of it doesnt take up any less of your 12p text message. Its just crap spelling. eny, ov, wonts, stripp, anuva, bk Im not saying that it should be grammatically correct with perfect spelling and punctuation. Just a little bit of effort would be nice. Apart from anything else, people are much more likely to read what you have to say. Would you buy a car of that seller? (Okay, perhaps not THAT car, but you know what I mean ) A well written advert could be the difference between someone buying the car or not.
  18. Yes, but he cant be bothered
  19. I blame laziness
  20. emu

    our day out

    Some cool looking cars there Whats that white supercharged one (BXU 301) ?? Eden is the old POW camp isnt it? Am I right in thinking its set out in the original buildings and huts?
  21. I think Vista posted that one up a couple of weeks ago. Still, they are a lovely looking car
  22. I dont know anything about old Raleighs. But I do know I want a Raleigh Burner BMX, preferably a 'Team' Refuse to pay the money for one though, we used to chuck them in the skip like they were going out of fashion
  23. Doh. Not a fuel issue, but I do have a habit of faffing about clambering into the bucket seat,getting comfy, strapping myself into the harness, then trying to start the car. Only to realise that I flicked the battery cut-off in the boot Sometimes I really wish I had kept the proper seats Glad your 'breakdown' wasnt anything major though
  24. emu

    the new RS...

    ok fair enough on that point but 25k is alot of cash in my book But more importantly, how many 15 year olds want to go on days out with their parents ????
  25. I just thought about the old penny experiment at skool and wondered if it works on engines Good to see im not the only one with such a strange chain of thought
×
×
  • Create New...