Jump to content

emu

Members
  • Posts

    2,599
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by emu

  1. We only ever fit Bosch blades at work (well, except for cars that have those aero-blades or specially designed ones.) Never had a problem with them squeaking. I always use them on my car too, although theyre free so im biased there
  2. Everything seems to be falling under the 'racist' banner just lately. We had this article on the front of our local newspaper yesterday. http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/latest-sout ... 5108248.jp
  3. Ive been noseying round for some different places to take the car this year and have found the Breakfast Club meets at Goodwood race circuit. Each meet has a different theme, and April 5th is 'Family Favourites', which sounds just the ticket for an old Escort. Has anyone been to any of these meets before, and is it worth a visit? http://www.goodwood.co.uk/site/content/ ... lcome.aspx
  4. I think you will when you see what metal ones go for Old Fords 'Glass wings seem to have a good reputation and have been fitted by quite a few people on here
  5. Ive mounted speakers a couple of different ways in my escort previously. neither of which has involved parcel shelf cutting. What is behind the back seat? What I mean is is there a solid bulkhead or is there just a peice of limp cardboard? If its a peice of board, ive replaced that with a peice of MDF in the past and mounted speakers in that so they face 'through' the seats. Escort seats are just a frame and a bit of fabric so that worked ok. Ive made boxes velcro'd them under the front seats. And I have also mounted a pair of 6x9's under the rear parcel shelf by cutting them unto a flat peice of MDF and popping that up under the shelf. Never cut the shelf, but you could still hear them ok Just a few thoughts and suggestions
  6. Given that you average scumbag car theif is a sneaky little bastard and can whip away a car without being seen. he wouldnt have much problem taking a photo of your house, to study later. Especially easy nowadays too seeing as the vast majority of people now walk around with a camera in their pocket.
  7. Arent they weld on Brackets??
  8. The veiw isnt really any different to walking or driving down the road is it. Fair enough, Ive just 'walked' from my nans old house to my old house in Shipley, Took about 5 minutes. Which is obviously much faster than the time it used to take using my legs. And considering that I live on the South coast now, its much easier than driving for 4 1/2 hours to get there first. But if I was out scoping for cars to steal then there are easier ways to go about it. I could sit here for hours clicking down streets hopefully stumbling across a suitable car, that was parked in veiw on the day that the camera car drove past, weeks ago. Or I could follow cars home when I see them out and about. Or I could tell you where and when there will be LOTS of classic fords, or Minis, or VW,s all in the same place.
  9. That cars been around a couple of years now. Still looks cool though There are couple of replicas of F-Bomb used in the new Fast and Furious film according to this months Hot Rod
  10. Have you got 'google images - x rated edition'?? All I get is Boris Johnson, tube trains and puppies
  11. I cant remember I made it 3 years ago i think it was too make a xflow one fit Wouldnt it have been quicker to undo the three bolts and spin the casing round?? Im liking the matt black Looks good against the coloured coded bits
  12. Baz recently got his back from Camcoat There is a thread about it here http://www.oldskoolford.co.uk/phpBB2/vi ... hp?t=92783
  13. narrow, Low profile tyres Leaf spring suspension. Poverty spec interior, Basic colours You already have the south london look
  14. Isnt that the nutter who jumped out of a plane in just his undercrackers? EDIT: Yep, just checked and here he is. Definate screw loose!!!
  15. Shaun and Ed had the right idea
  16. best get yourself to KFC then
  17. We need to know what the scenario is Nuclear disaster? Hurricane? Killer zombie virus? All would require different methods to survive
  18. emu

    miner strike

    That sounds pretty helpful to me I wouldnt have minded getting a discount on my house. I think the important phrase here is 'you cant please all the people all the time' but plenty of people must have been happy with the work of the thatcher government to have voted her in for a third term.
  19. emu

    miner strike

    Doesnt/didnt the right-to-buy scheme allow council house tenants to buy the house they rent at a discount under its current market value?
  20. emu

    miner strike

    Okay, Im just chucking in a few observations and points, because we all like a good mass debate. I have to admit to not really knowing very much about the politics back then, but I have noticed a few things from this thread. Of people who are slating Thatcher, how many of you were DIRECTLY affected by the events being discusser? Before anyone says "we all were because she was the PM", What I mean is were you or your families involved in the miners strikes (on either side), or the Falklands? The reason I ask is because I find it quite interesting that, it seems that many people who were old enough to remember properly dont really seem to be slating Thatcher as much as those who were more considerably more interested at the time in playing on the swings and collecting conkers. That said, perhaps its just a north/south divide. Over and over again on here we see comments such as "If I caught someone stealing my car id break their legs". " We never see " I'd sit the fella down, make him a cup of tea and have a chat with him, see if we could come to some arrangement about sharing my belongings" Argentina invaded the Falklands. They didnt ask nicely if they could pop in and borrow the kettle. Thatchers Government and Armed Forces went and dealt with it. Isnt this the same thing as you and your garage, just on a much larger scale?? From what I can make out, Lots of people say how they would love to live in the seventies. But perhaps its all through rose tinted glasses. Union strikes, three day weeks, power blackouts, beige and orange geometric wallpaper. It doesnt sound that great TBH. What did she do that people do appreciate her for? Anyway, like I say, I dont know much abut it all.
  21. Here you go, another documentary on a trip to the moon. This one is in colour too, so it really must be true
  22. Ive never really thought about it to be honest. Always just been of the opinion that they must have been because they said they had. Just watched that Mythbusters episode and read Bortafs link which has got me thinking about why people believe it to be a hoax. Im happy enough beleiving that Man did go to the moon though, if only because I like the idea that we can acheive something so impressive and monumental
  23. Secure the 'front' using your number plate screws, then secure the sides by screwing the ends to the return lip of the wheel arch. That will hold it perfectly adequately, and without a row of screws along the top
  24. emu

    Is it illegal?

    Can I keep a capri on our driveway please?
  25. Id love to do something like that I thought you had to use a sub 1000cc car though?
×
×
  • Create New...