Jump to content

emu

Members
  • Posts

    2,599
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by emu

  1. Thank you everybody Jimbob.......im trying Everybody else.....ITS NOT PINK!!!!!
  2. Me too But if your happy with it then thats the main thing Now go enjoy the car
  3. Works fine for me too. I can think of better things to spend 230 squid on
  4. What do you use the car for? And how much time do you spend in first gear?
  5. yeah once I had a can of Stella, and was using an angle grinder, and noticed the sparks going 4 foot and just reaching the can, coulda been a bad one that! Sounds like a close call
  6. Good idea. Or you could use a spring Thats a better idea Something like this......... Local bike shop or exhaust stockist might be able to help
  7. you could weld a couple of tabs either side of the join and tie the two sections together with lockwire.
  8. a servival expert who stay's in hotels and packs chocolate Chocolate He should be packing Kendal mint cake and barley sugars
  9. Cor, its just like Byker Grove!!!!
  10. JOHNNY HAS BOUGHT THE A-TEAM VAN????????
  11. The head which I had on my escort came from Morspeed. It was only an unleaded conversion and fast road cam fitted. It was originally fitted to a friends capri. He did a 60 mile commute with it everyday for 18 months or so before I bought the car and swapped the head to my car. I only took the head off again because I later needed an injection one. We did have a problem with the first head we got sent, but they sorted us out a replacement really quickly and without any quibbling. That was all about 4 years ago though
  12. To remove just the barrel and leave the lock casing on the column you need to be able to turn the key. As Bigdaz says, you can remove the whole lock assembly from the column. Its held on with two shear bolts (the hexagon heads break off when you tighten them up) You can normally get them undone with a hammer and small chisel. If your lucky then someone will have already had it off and replaced the shear bolts with ordinary 13mm headed ones
  13. there is a little plastic insert which clips into the pedal. Then there is a small round bar which fits into the eye in the cable and clips into the plastic insert. My first thought is to weld a nut to each side of the hole so that you can screw a suitable size bolt threw the first nut, then the cable and finally into the second nut. If that makes sense.
  14. Ill come and hold everyone up again
  15. Its not vacuum retard is it? I cant think why it would be or what the benefit would be but just a thought? If it is then joining them together wont work properly
  16. Escort was 1980 and Fiesta was 1966 so it says on the hugely reliable wikipedia
  17. emu

    Apparently

    Tell him to do one I ask because last time I bought practical classics they reckoned 2 door escorts were still less than a grand its been a while but even then they were making lots more than that.
  18. Its your car, so ultimately you have to do what your going to like with it, after all you have to live with it. Personally, given that there are very few 2 door ghias left, I'd keep all the trim. Roof, badges, bump strips, the lot. If you get rid of it all then it becomes 'another' 2 door escort. The ghia theme would give it something different I'd also keep the gold paint,but then I kind of like the more unusual colours
  19. emu

    Apparently

    You been looking at practical classics buyers listing?
  20. That'll make a good third for me, the pendulum remix though have you heard the new prodigy track, heard it on the radio today, it aint too bad Omen Has more of an 'older' sound to it doesnt it. Cant wait for the new albium
  21. make sure he re-marks them then, so you dont have the same drama in the future Glad to hear its worked out ok too
  22. That'll make a good third for me, the pendulum remix though
  23. Tarantula - pendulum Everybody in the place - prodigy ( common theme here already ) And Oh, I dunno actually, let me get back to you on the third.
  24. Theyre either ill.... .......or Australian
  25. Its bloody huge, whatever it is If its a diesel shut-off valve then perhaps its off one of these
×
×
  • Create New...