Jump to content

emu

Members
  • Posts

    2,599
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by emu

  1. emu

    Race of champions

    Was a brilliant day out Was bloody freezing though, you would have thought they might have put the heating on!!!
  2. Happy birthday fella, Hope you've had a great day and got lots of top pressies
  3. I must learn to type faster
  4. The emissions test is based on whichever is older, the car or the engine. Put a 1960's pre-crossflow into a 90's mondeo and provided you can prove the age of the engine then its emmisions tested as a 1960's pre-crossflow. Put a brand new duratec into a 1979 escort and the emmisions limit will be the same as any other 1979 car. Link to the right section of the manual ..... www.motuk.co.uk/manual_730.htm
  5. emu

    Topgear!

    Yeah, a lot of cars on here could show up a few supercars in the acceleration stakes
  6. 12, but the only ones I actually knew were Sonic and Themepark
  7. emu

    Just Spent

    Sorry to hear about that Jon Glad to here your son is on the mend now though Hope he gets back to normal soon
  8. emu

    were you from?

    Now or originally? Born in Helensburgh, scotland, But have lived near Portsmouth for the past 20 years. Also lived in Plymouth, Chatham, and Shipley, west yorkshire. ooh, look at me, im so well travelled
  9. emu

    El sumo

    Fooking 'ell Glad to hear Ian is ok though Get well soon mate
  10. read it properly, and it makes sense. Its about cars that at one point as desiarable as herpes. yet, are now quite sought after.
  11. Get out your safety scissors and pritt stick http://www.extazaweb.sk/astonmartin/download.htm
  12. Sorry im late. :
  13. emu

    Whitley bay?

    Its right on the coast mate
  14. http://www.burtonpower.com/technical_1/ ... chart.aspx You need to use the last two letters of the vin number
  15. looks good, but I would put something like "answerphone service after 8pm " in contact hours. Otherwise you'll get idiots phoning up wanting oil changes in the middle of the night. People dnt think when they phone garages. I used to use my old employers workshop at the weekend. Even onn sundays you would get the phone ringing constantly. Dont get me wrong, thats good if your open, but if your trying to relax its a PITA. and they dont take the hint when you dont answer either.
  16. oh go on!!! PLEASE!!!! With cherries on top
  17. Could Ian please bring a colender for me too please Thank you
  18. Should be, mine ended up set as region 9 and this pretty uch confirms it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_region_code
  19. Was it saturday superstore that had the giant snakes and ladders game? I was talking about it at work a while ago, and they were all looking at me like I was a bit odd
  20. http://www.dvd.reviewer.co.uk/info/mult ... ckable.asp This is the site that I used to hack my cheap Lidl DVD player
  21. Should just pop out. If your lucky then you MAY be able to get a long thing screwdriver through the box, but the diff spider will probably get in the way. You should just be able to get a lever between the CV and the Box. Or a Big thick chisel and give it a tap.
  22. Thats brilliant news sarah
  23. Does it have 1 motor and a chain drive to the other post? or 2 motors, one on each post? If its got one motor then you can probably wind it down by hand. Takes a while mind you. Dont know about 2 motor ramps. I would guess you can still wind them down but need to do each post a bit at a time
  24. Tell BT that you have only just moved in and that there is the box already there. I lived in my house for around 4 years before I bothered to get the phone connected. I had a BT box like you describe. They wanted to charge me to start with but I told them that I didnt see why I should pay when it wasnt me who had it disconnected. They activated the line, but I still couldnt use it because I had no line from the telegraph pole to my house spoke to them and said I had no dial tone. They sent round an engineer who then connected the pole up for me. Never paid for any of it
×
×
  • Create New...