Jump to content

emu

Members
  • Posts

    2,599
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by emu

  1. under where it says "theXEgrowler" (Top of the page, just underneath the banner)
  2. i think its just where people do it others get used to it and copy because its faster i can spell usually can get the odd word wrong due to the fact im dislexic but if people dont like it i will type in full!!! post your views on it say what you think. I blame text messaging!! Bring back passing little folded notes round the classroom! Quick-racks make the steering heavier at low speed too I do beleive.
  3. emu

    dilemma

    Im sure V6Col has fibreglass wings on the escort hasnt he? I only know that cos I remember it being mentioned ages ago, As for Baz's Escort and Bens Van(?) I didnt. So I guess what im getting at is that if you take the time fitting fibreglass wings then they arnt obvious. If you dont take you time with a steel wing itll look gash. Personally, I dont see that there is any real benefit to keeping the steel wings unless your going for originality (Which im guessing you arnt ). Selling them would cover the price of fibreglass with cash to spare so it seems.
  4. emu

    dilemma

    There seems to be a few differing opinions as to how well fibreglass fits. I havent paid that much attention to any cars fitted with them but have you had a good look? Are you happy that your happy with the fit and finish? (Is that more useful??)
  5. emu

    dilemma

    keep em, sods law says youll need a pair in the future and then theyll cost you even more! or sell them and make the car faster Hope that helps
  6. emu

    10000 posts

    but what happens when one of them does get to 10k???
  7. emu

    Pain

    50 seconds in, gotta try that on an escalator!
  8. Im watching ghostbusters, does that count?
  9. emu

    Whooo....

    Im 104th I might have to consider an evening class in the fine art of spamming!
  10. Halfords professional range seems pretty good, comes with "lifetime" warranty too. I bought a full socket (3/8", 1/4", 1/2") and spanner set 10 years ago and most of it is still going strong. Wore out the 3/8 ratchet but never broken any of it . Not bad prices either.
  11. I might be wrong but I think that RS2000 front struts and brakes are just 2 litre Capri ones. 2.8 Bilsteins are normally loads of money. 2.8 Front brakes just use vented disc instead of solid ones. You can get spacer kits to widen your standard caliper to take 2.8 discs (thats all ford did). I use to run 145Lb springs on standard 1300 front legs on the escort. Now got 2.8 legs purely because they were the right price. I personally dont think the car handles that much differently with the capri setup. Richard
  12. "I got throttle bodies" is a posh way of saying that the car is fuel injected.(Like all modern cars). You need an ECU to control this as its an electronic based system. Proper cars (and old ones) use carburettors. Which are basically self contained and are a mechanical system, so no ECU is needed.
  13. You have no vision, think original Beemer M3 :oops:
  14. ......But Dial-up is crap!! Thankfully my home broadband finally got activated today I know im years behind but im easily pleased and had to tell someone!
  15. Check you havent got any air leaks and that the valve clearences are good too cos that can screw up you emmisions. The emmisions limits for ALL cars between about P-reg and C-reg are all the same (Max 4.5%CO and 1200 ppm HC). Im sure the garage have probably done a pinto before
  16. Your local motor factors should be able to do them still. I got a pair not so long ago. My factors had them listed under CAPRI in the Pearl Parts Catalog
  17. emu

    JAP IMPORTS

    Had a look in the test manual for you. Basically, if it was first used between 01/08/92 and 31/07/95 then unless you can find an EXACT match for the engine code in the emissions book(which you might not being an import) it has to comply with the old limits ( 3.5% CO and 1200ppm HC max). If its First used after 01/08/95 then it has stricter limits to comply with (Basically it'll need a CAT). Richard
  18. As above really on a couple of capri bits that ive been offered. Full Recaro leather interior (Brooklands?). No tears but the leather is showing its age. And a full Mk2 X-pack and turbotail. The tail is definately a replica and I suspect that the kit is too, although it does have the ford/RS logo moulded into it. (Both fitted and then removed) Cheers
  19. emu

    JAP IMPORTS

    Thanks m8 but don't worry to much, I'll probably wait till after mot time then make something up thats replacable for the next mot as it looks like I'm going to need a cat Fair enough mate, De-cat pipes probably best , at least that way you dont have to worry if you ever do need the cat in the future.
  20. emu

    JAP IMPORTS

    One of our trade customers at work imported himself an S15 silvia. It needs to pass an SVA test so he can get it registered....but the emissions wont go low enough even with the CAT fitted If its any use then I can try and get hold of a copy of the flowcharts from the MOT manual tomorrow if its any use? That should help you work out exactly what emission limits the car has to comply to.
  21. rare? well heres 9 of them together at the Cortina Owners Club of Ireland autumn weekend in Kenmare co Kerry[/img] I'm sure pip probably meant rare for Bangkok, they arent exactly on every street corner here anymore are they......never mind the other side of the world
  22. emu

    what are

    Revolutions arent they? New car looks good mate.
  23. Read this thread and piss yourself laughing , i have many times I have, well, I stuck with it till page 30. Is it worth reading the next 45 pages??
  24. any more musical "confessions" you want to make ?? Just watched tonights programme... Eton Road sounded gash I reckon and should be removed from the building as quickly as possible!
  25. I had a 190, odd silvery green kind of colour with metallic black skirts and big bumpers from the facelift ones. Dumped on the deck, tinted windows, twin exhaust and deep dish wheels (15's!!). I loved that car until I parked it up a lamppost and on the armco on the way to work one morning . Wasnt really the same after that
×
×
  • Create New...