Jump to content

emu

Members
  • Posts

    2,599
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by emu

  1. or get a four door.... looks the same when your sat in the drivers seat.
  2. You supply the carbs and you can "adjust" away till your hearts content Till then ill have to stick with a single carb that does the job just fine
  3. Adjusting the 'carb mixture' screws will make cock all difference to the power your engine makes. really , why do they have them then ? I'll move your dizzy and fiddle with all your mixture screws next time your going to race up the strip then and see if it goes as well . carb mixture screws only adjust your idle mixture, you can fiddle with mine as much as you like, Ill just fiddle them back to get it through its MOT. Thats why carburettors have jets, emulsion tubes and whathaveyou so that the mixture through the revs can be altered.
  4. Adjusting the 'carb mixture' screws will make cock all difference to the power your engine makes. Im glad someone else was thinking that. Also numerous people have pointed out that the rollers just give a number. Isnt this exactly the reason why it isnt ideal to swap and change which rollers you use? Surely it wouldnt matter(not to the car anyway, just in your head) if a set of rollers underread so far that it said your super dooper new engine made 45hp provided you used the same set after tuning/ further modifications had been carried out. The numbers dont need to be huge, just consistent surely?
  5. Been watching X-factor have we?? (yeah, it looks like a mk1 granada to me )
  6. http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/
  7. Ill bring my shoes if you bring the chalk pen
  8. My calipers have some thick washers between the caliper and its mounting face, both strut and caliper are off a 2.8. I dont know if thats the norm though or if mine have been bodged at some time!? Any old washers that are the right size would do I imagine.
  9. ..........BIGGER AND WETTER IN 2007!!!!!
  10. No further comment your honour.
  11. emu

    Bunny Envelopener

    I wonder if they do a heavy duty one? My tin openers crap and im hungry!!!
  12. I have enough trouble being responsible for myself once ive had a half or two
  13. whistles and vicks vaporub on standby!!!
  14. well it sounds like you need a responsible adult around to keep you all in check
  15. Sounds like an you all had an eventful night!! you gotta love a proper drunken night out
  16. its good to remember, means the memory is still working ok
  17. its probably much chavier than that!! Like I say, it just sprung to mind when you said about a meet up.
  18. Just flicked over the telly to find the X games. Nutters on skateboards pulling backflips over a 62ft gap I have enough trouble standing on a board when it isnt moving!
  19. god im good
  20. stick a bit of gaffa tape over the holes Seriously though, as suggested, weld the hole up.
  21. As I understand it, when the car is lowered with blocks it makes the axle more prone to "tramping". Whereas if the spring is de-cambered then the axle cant exert as much leverage on the spring so its less likely to wind up and cause the axle to bounce. (Thats the best I can explain it, but itll do till someone does better )
  22. thats fair enough, was just a thought as apparently they do do 'club stands'. its also a easy venue to get to for people who arent in and around bournemouth.
  23. Just a thought, but the burnin' bournemouth boy racer cruise thingummy is on at ringwood raceway at the end of november....perhaps we could show em all some proper cars?? http://www.westover.org.uk I know the vast majority is plastic but they have to start somewhere!!!!
  24. Some people would argue with you there! I think a lot of it comes down to the color of the car. Orange paint didnt look right with yellow plates so they just had to go
×
×
  • Create New...