Jump to content

davreeve

Members
  • Posts

    1,001
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by davreeve

  1. I had a spot of trouble last Sunday on the way back from Stratford to Norfolk.I was about 12 miles from home when the engine suddenly started clattering really badly and then stopped. Once home it turned out that an alternator bracket bolt had snapped and fell into the cambelt . Yes i know its a cvh and alot of people think they should be wiped out but i quite like them so i was a bit cheesed when it broke. On stripping it down i found that the only damage was 4 smashed rockers,the valves were still straight but i replaced them anyway to be on the safe side .It certainly could have been much worse and i could have missed the CF show.
  2. A couple of weeks ago our 9 year old hotpoint dishwasher killed itself so i set about searching for the best deal on a new one.However last weekend my engine expired on the way back from shakey. Due to my limited resources i had a decision to make ,keep the wife happy or repair the engine . Anyway i will be driving to the cf show and the wife now has a new bottle of fairey liquid which gives you an idea what decision i made . Who else puts thier osf ahead of non essential white goods ?
  3. Its a horrible feeling being made redundant.It happened to me 3 years ago after being there for 19 years .It was not a good feeling at all but as one door closed another one opened and i,m quite happy where i am now.I hope it works out the same for you.Good luck (not that you,ll need it).
  4. I would love to get into the 13,s by the end of the year i would also love Norwich city FC to win the FA cup next year .Not much chance of either really
  5. I,m up for that
  6. Thats true enough and besides its a daily driver that does get abused from time to time and carries everything from tools and furniture to kids and travel sick lurchers, so if it had come out top notch then yes i suppose i would be more worried about damaging it.
  7. Thanks for the comment I am sort of happy with it but i should have bought decent quality paint rather than using past its sell by date 2k.It has come out ok but i know it could and should have been better .Serves me right for being a tight fisted git.
  8. Good pics like the red mexico.
  9. Looks great best colours for a mk1 IMO.
  10. Thanks for the kind comments. Nothing too special really ,1600 cvh on 40,s ,balanced with some headwork and a piper 300 cam. I would love to get a high 13 sec 1/4 mile out of it this year but i think it may need a bit more fettleing to acheive that.
  11. A few pics since its had a recent weldathon and repaint.It may not be all that pretty but it certainly seems to go well enough.Hope you like.
  12. Tell me about it Rog! Those bloody chainsaws on wheels seem to be everywhere ,usually in clusters of 4 or 5 trying to come past you however they can(on the pavement,up the inside etc).
  13. Looks ok loads of space with the seats folded down,simple mechanics and they can be very reliable. I had one on an 'E' reg and it was fine .It was and still is the newest car i,ve ever owned.
  14. satin black with yellow or orange 'S' stripes would look good.
  15. Have the sister inlaws birthday party at shakey
  16. You are a talented person for sure Got to love a 'kettle'
  17. I rebuilt a mk1 escort in 93 and bought 2 standard pattern wings,front panel,door skins and 2 sills all for under 200 pounds and i thought they were expensive at the time
  18. Very nice indeed any chance of putting up a pic of the complete bike when its back together?as they are one of my favorites.
  19. I have to agree with that as its not just kids in saxo,s and corsa,s that do it .Its often middle aged blokes that are trying to drive up your exhaust pipe. I could also understand it if i was doing 20 mph in a 40 zone etc but although i keep to the speed limit i usually drive at the limit where possible and not under it. I like being a second class citizen if i get to drive old fords
  20. I think you may be on to something there
  21. What i was interested in though is why people ride on your rear bumper in the first place.I mean what do they get out of it?
  22. Thought about that but i,m running low on rear bumpers I just keep to the speed limit and try to ignore them.
  23. Looks good, Love the seats.Good luck with it.
  24. Nice one Sam ,you know it makes sense No way you can make round 2?
×
×
  • Create New...