Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Admin
Posted

I agree it's a fabulous looking car but I just think that unless we're talking about a car with special history (ex works or similar) then some of the prices being asked for OSF metal these days is quite astounding.

 

Personally (and I include my own car in this) much as I love them, I think the pricing of our cars has got right out of hand and I don't believe they're worth the prices that are being asked for them.

 

After all we're not talking about rare and exotic limited production vehicles, we're talking about mass produced Fords, some of which hit the roads in their millions

Posted

but there are not millions left in that condition m8,it is after all a brand new car to all intense and purposes.cars in this condition are few and far between imo and are not normally for sale.look at the build cost as well.not a dig just a coment m8 :thumbsup:

Posted

At the end of the day its we the consumer who dictates the price of these things. I agree with both Vista and Pig on this, I find it incredible that a mass produced car (of any manufacturer) can demand such a premium, but then having seen this car in the flesh, it is indeed a "new" vehicle.

 

Personally if I had that sort of money to spend on an escort I would prefer a car like Icky's Mk2 or Kev's, something I can rag the arse out of and get my monies worth :mrgreen:

Posted
but there are not millions left in that condition m8,it is after all a brand new car to all intense and purposes.cars in this condition are few and far between imo and are not normally for sale.look at the build cost as well.not a dig just a coment m8 :thumbsup:

thats why i say its worth every penny of £20,000 its better than a brand new car imho, they wouldnt have been that good when new :lol:

Posted

nice but what are you going to do with it. £20000 trailer queen. its a lot of money for an ornament.

also no matter how straight it is its still a :shit: colour.............................................................

here come the replies about how rare a colour it is, its concourse ect ect ect.

thanks but no thanks, unless i owned a museum. :lol::lol:

cars are built to be driven especially an rs2000.

:ykt:

Posted
nice but what are you going to do with it. £20000 trailer queen.

 

 

rag the tits off it :twisted: its done its turn in the comps now it needs to be used :ykt::thumbsup:

 

damn right!!!!!! :ykt:

Posted
nice but what are you going to do with it. £20000 trailer queen.

 

 

rag the tits off it :twisted: its done its turn in the comps now it needs to be used :ykt::thumbsup:

 

damn right!!!!!! :ykt:

i could fook that up in 5 mins :twisted::twisted:

Posted

I agree with PIG. Although they were mass produced, now they are as rare as rocking pony poo - which makes them a limited edition.

20K is a lot for a car thats not driven though, and if you drove it it wouldn't be worth 20K for long. 8) It is cool though.

  • Admin
Posted
but there are not millions left in that condition m8,it is after all a brand new car to all intense and purposes.cars in this condition are few and far between imo and are not normally for sale.look at the build cost as well.not a dig just a coment m8 :thumbsup:

 

S'ok no offence taken I realise it's not a dig, and indeed my own comment wasn't a dig at his car as it's clearly stunning. It was intended as an observation of the way prices have gone for all OSF's (though most affected is escorts)

 

As to the build cost observation though, value and cost are not the same thing. Lets compare it: -

 

I buy a new car from any manufacturer, the cost is say £15000. Whereas if I were to buy all the parts to rebuild the same car after say a fire or major write off, the combined cost of those parts may exceed the value of the car when new. So I buy them all anyway and proceed with the rebuild, final cost £18000. Does that mean my repaired car is now valued at more than a new one, or just that it cost me more than a new one to bring back to as new condition.

 

Plus,whilst you're right and there aren't so many now, they were all still mass produced cars, you can get much rarer exotica well within a £20'000 price tag.

Posted

Easy worth £20,000 but drive it and give it a few years and it will be worth about £10,000 :shock::shock::shock: . I'd buy it and lower it :mrgreen:

Posted

Nice car, the man's spent a small fourtune on it but is it worth £20,000...................... I dont think so. If it was say £10,000 you mite chance takeing it out on a dry day for a spin but if it has just cost you £20,000 you would be sh*t scared to take it out of the garrage cus it's priceless. Fair play to the man he has made the best RS 2000 in the country but in the process he has made it unuseable, would you pay £20,000 for something you couldnt use.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...