Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Ok so what would you the people suggest, should we delete these posts or is it unfair, At end of the day people will keep posting pics up of their cossies etc, maybe the only reasonable thing to do is not to comment on them, then they may get the hint. :?

Guest TheXEgrowler
Posted
And even more sierra and escort cossies in readers rides :evil:

 

Yeah ... I spotted that too :roll:

 

 

NO SIERRA OR ESCORT COSSIES...... :evil::evil::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Posted

IF YOU NEED TO ASK "IS IT OLD SKOOL" THEN IT PROBABLY ISNT

 

to be honest all this is getting beyond a joke :mad2: Delete the posts & politeley remind whoever is responsible to look at the home page which says

Dedicated To British Built

Old Skool Fords

RWD Escort's, Capri's

Anglia's, 100e and Cortina's

 

And thats the way we like it :wink:

Posted

The more modern Fords are fine in the own right. I have nothing against them, but if I want to see them, I'll use another forum.

 

People are sensible enough to look around the site and see what sort of cars are here, so they get the idea of what O/S means. If not, look at the banner at the top, it'll be those pictured, and of an older heritage :wink:

 

I know it's nice to show what cars you have, but I don't go posting up all my old VW's or Mercs. I post them up in their rightful forums.

Posted

well sed that man :lol: i totally agree with oldskoolgeezer. there are other forums for cossies and what not such as Alcoholics Anonymous and turbosport.

Posted

Old skool cars have a certain thing about them, and as Mr Geezer said, if you need to ask, it probably aint old skool. The polls are interesting tho, its nice to see what peoples opinions are... even if they are wrong :lol:

Keep it Old Skool 8)

  • Admin
Posted

How about sending site policy out on the joining email

 

i.e. Site dedicated to OSF, then define OSF as we know & love em, finally add that posts relating to non OSF's will be deleted. Joiners will then be fully aware of site policy & have no cause to bitch when their threads are removed. And will also be forearmed with what is and what isn't OSF ergo no more "Is a castella XR4 fanny magnet an OSF?"

 

What do you reckon?

Posted
And even more sierra and escort cossies in readers rides :evil:

 

Yeah ... I spotted that too :roll:

 

 

At last :!: i pointed this out 2 months ago and got my arsed chewed for asking why Cossies etc where in Readers Rides.....thank you Jo and Danmex :lol::lol:

Posted

hmm... how do you actually chew an ass? (sorry, couldn't resist mate)

 

but yeah, there's plenty of places for these other cars out there....

Posted

....I totally agree with Pip etc...but to stop the constant same old question...we must remember new members join all the time...a statement or something needs adding to not only the OSF front page but onto the top of the forum page as once you join you will go straight to forums....this would hopefully stop some of the polls questions etc.

 

I don't have a problem with people putting pics in readers rides this should be fine as some people do appreciate the cars...if you don't like em don't reply to them...

 

BUT members do need to understand clearly what OSF stands for and which cars it supports ie stands etc. hence why we need something as I have mentioned above...

 

..this is just my opinion not the view of management...

Posted

No fair play, I always was of an opinion that if you got a cossie etc then why not post a pic, but as said it is correct there are plenty of other forums for other cars so they should be posted up there.

 

At the end of the day I appreciate it is a difficult call as wether or not these cars are to the taste of all the folk they are still someone's pride and joy and we don't really wanna go offending people, but I think non osf should be deleted now along with a polite email explaining reasons maybe.

 

I would't post my mothers micra on a rover site :roll: (not that i'd ever post anything about that jap crap anyway! :lol: ) so new skool should not be allowed on an old skool site.

 

Or all of a sudden there will be cossies and rs turbo's plastered all over the site and I for one come here for the old skool stuff, I do love a cossie always have done and always will and no doubt have another one day but for all things like that turbosport is a top site for them (always have a browse at the new skool stuff on TS :oops::oops::lol: )

 

 

So I vote delete or thing will snowball :?

Posted

this Site dedicated to OSF and thats that :evil: i reckon your idea mike of having another room called this isn't old skool is great the other thing do you see any in the banner at the top of the site people must be simple evening thinking that a mk3 or cossies are they probably are in there eyes but not on my site :twisted: i reckon the best way to deal with it is like you said mike ill make another room not osf wack them in there.or get another banner made up for under the one we all ready have with the pics of whats not osf and put a big red x through it.or we could just delete any pics or plastic :?:

Posted
or we could just delete any pics or plastic

 

 

:thumbsup::thumbsup: thats the one i'd vote on

 

 

Other wise the banner would have to say old skool ford's only but with a new skool section so its not really just old skool at all sort of thing :?:roll:

 

Just my humble opinion mind you :D

Posted

just thinking lol shall we get ride of all posts that ralate to plastic to?ie what is old skool .

 

is a mk3 osf

is a cossie osf

is plastic osf

 

you get my drift :lol:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...