Type 16 Calipers and Cortina struts

What are the calipers off? I've got some on my new Anglia project. I'm guessing because I still have the steering box, that the struts are from a cortina. Any way of identifying them?

Also, what brake options do I have when it comes to upgrading them?

Put some pics up of the stuts Mike,maybe someone can identify them.

The calipers should be P16's,the imperial version of the M16's,if you know what I mean.

I intend to fit S*erra XR4i discs and Mondeo calipers to mine but have not got around to it yet,maybe over the winter. :huh:

Put some pics up of the stuts Mike,maybe someone can identify them.

The calipers should be P16's,the imperial version of the M16's,if you know what I mean.

I intend to fit S*erra XR4i discs and Mondeo calipers to mine but have not got around to it yet,maybe over the winter. :huh:

Like this;

cortina2017.jpg

They work really well but 13" rims are out. The rs turbo/s.ierra caliper has the same piston area as the mondeo v6/s.ierra cossy caliper but on a smaller pad area and these work really well also.

cortinabrakes006.jpg

Mike,

I'm running 1600E struts and yours don't look the same.The steering arms are different and the shape of the strut where it meets the stub axle.I would say yours are Classic.

Pauln,

Nice brakes you've got there.Pics saved for future reference. :thumbsup:

pauln, could you tell me exactly what mondeo these calipers and pads are from? and could you adapt them to a mk3 cappa 2.8i strut?

im doing a 24v cosworth conversion and the 2.8i brakes i dont think will be up for it? do you need a bigger master cylinder to go with these?

pauln, could you tell me exactly what mondeo these calipers and pads are from? and could you adapt them to a mk3 cappa 2.8i strut?

im doing a 24v cosworth conversion and the 2.8i brakes i dont think will be up for it? do you need a bigger master cylinder to go with these?

The silver calipers are Mondeo V6/S ierra cossy 4x4/scorpio cossy (stamped 887 & 888) you use the sierra 4x4 278 x 24mm disc with these. Make up a suitable bridging bracket and you are away. The black calipers are rs turbo s2/ sierra dohc type and use a 260 x 24mm disc. They use a slightly smaller but cheaper pad and truth be told are nearly as effective as the bigger ones. Both sets will throw the brake balance quite heavily towards the front so a rear brake upgrade should be thought about. I initally used the cortinas standard master (0.7") but I now have a bias pedal box using a .625 on the front and .7 to the rear. I forgot to mention that since i have r&p I am using capri struts with the brackets mounted on the back face, when I made the brackets I jigged them up on my old cortina ones. though the spacings are the same the back face of the caliper mounting bracket is different and is not as useable as the capri one.