Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Right now ive drilled the front panel im wondering what to do about a front number plate (best option that doesnt look stupid and more importantly get through the MOT)

 

IMG_0655.jpg

 

IMG_0654.jpg

 

Option1: Oblong Vinyl number plate (single row) on front of bonnet.

 

This is what most p.pl seem to do when they drill the front panel, however im not sure if it will get through the MOT as the front spot lamps would be partially obscuring it.

 

Option2: Square Vinyl number plate on front of bonnet.

 

This should be fine, but im just not sure if itll look ok. Ive never seen a front vinyl plate as square on an escort before....

 

Option3: Metal Oblong number plate on the bottom of the front panel.

 

Held on with double sided tape and would make up some brackets to provide extra support for the lower edge of the plate.

 

Not sure if this is too low for the MOT?

 

Also not sure whether to use the black vinyl background on the bonnet for options 1&2 or to simply to stick the characters straight on to the black paint work???

 

What does everyone think??

Posted

Is it me or is the passenger side quarter bumper sticking out really far........would have a pedestrians leg off that :lol:

 

I would go for a square one mounted front and centre and low slung myself, although I would'nt use double sided tape as I would'nt trust it to stick.

Posted

I have the same dilema...............

 

DSC00565.jpg

 

might just use velcro and stick it on on the dash :?

Posted

velcro one on the front for the mot and take it back off, if you get pulled over it, keep it in the car and just say it fell off earlier in the day, or stick it to your passenger side sun visor and flip it down. my mate has been running his car for 12 months with no front plate and is yet to be pulled, he just keeps it on the passenger seat. :thumbsup:

Posted
I have the same dilema...............

 

DSC00565.jpg

 

might just use velcro and stick it on on the dash :?

 

Your lucky...yours isnt so much of a problem. You arent running spot lamps on the front to obscure the number a oblong vinyl numberplate (sticker!!!) on the bonnet.

 

Plus you could also stick one on your bib spoiler.

 

Number plate on dash wont get through the MOT... tried that one ;)

Posted
Is it me or is the passenger side quarter bumper sticking out really far........would have a pedestrians leg off that :lol:

 

Caramagedeon :twisted::twisted: i think the bracket is just fooked. Will do for now until I get some new stainless bumpers and brackets.

 

I would go for a square one mounted front and centre and low slung myself, although I would'nt use double sided tape as I would'nt trust it to stick.

 

hmmmm thought about that.... but not sure if would sit too low and catch on speed bumps (already lowered 2inches at the front and theres a hell of a lot of em around here :( )

 

Need a magnetic one!!!! :D

Posted
Here's how it looks on the bonnet

 

IMG_0093.jpg

was everyone sick the day you took that pic, they all look a bit off colour.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

ill get my coat :smiledoor:

:lol::lol:

Posted
I would go for a square one mounted front and centre and low slung myself, although I would'nt use double sided tape as I would'nt trust it to stick.

 

ZX6Y5515-01.jpg

 

This is how I had is before I drilled the front panel (I actually needed to as there wasnt enough air being pull through with the electric fan :( )

 

If the square plate is lowered to clear the holes ( the 2 that are normally on the front panel) isnt the plate going to be VERY low???

Posted
Is it me or is the passenger side quarter bumper sticking out really far........would have a pedestrians leg off that :lol:

 

Caramagedeon :twisted::twisted: i think the bracket is just fooked. Will do for now until I get some new stainless bumpers and brackets.

 

I would go for a square one mounted front and centre and low slung myself, although I would'nt use double sided tape as I would'nt trust it to stick.

 

hmmmm thought about that.... but not sure if would sit too low and catch on speed bumps (already lowered 2inches at the front and theres a hell of a lot of em around here :( )

 

 

 

Need a magnetic one!!!! :D

 

hinge it on a letter box spring. so when you clip a speed bump it just folds under.

Posted
Here's how it looks on the bonnet

 

IMG_0093.jpg

 

will that get through the MOT with my spots fitted???

 

 

Did you put the numbers straight on to the bonnet or on to black vinyl and then on to the bonnet??

Posted
Here's how it looks on the bonnet

 

IMG_0093.jpg

 

will that get through the MOT with my spots fitted???

 

 

Did you put the numbers straight on to the bonnet or on to black vinyl and then on to the bonnet??

 

thats on a black oblong but where the car is satin black u cant tell where the plate starts /stops :wink:

Posted
Here's how it looks on the bonnet

 

IMG_0093.jpg

 

will that get through the MOT with my spots fitted???

 

 

Did you put the numbers straight on to the bonnet or on to black vinyl and then on to the bonnet??

 

thats on a black oblong but where the car is satin black u cant tell where the plate starts /stops :wink:

 

Looks good :)

Posted

Ok to make things clearer.... in true blue peter style....heres one i did earlier......

 

OPTION 1

IMAGE_159.jpg

IMAGE_163.jpg

 

 

OPTION 2

IMAGE_160.jpg

IMAGE_161.jpg

 

 

OPTION 3

IMAGE_164.jpg

 

 

OPTION 4

IMAGE_165.jpg

 

 

(Appologies for the poor pics.. a rush job with phone. Options 3 & 4 would be done with vinyl but to give an idea ive just used the normal plates :))

 

Which of these will get through the MOT???

 

2 and 4 Should get through OK but 2 is little on the low side....

Posted

Might be useful if anyone else needs this info to get through an MOT

 

http://www.motuk.co.uk/manual_630.htm

 

"1d. faded, dirty, deteriorated or obscured, (for example by a towbar so that it is likely to be misread or is not easily legible by a person standing approximately 20 metres to the front/rear of the vehicle)"

 

Based on that I think Options 1&3 would fail based on the fact that they are partially obscured by the spotlamps :(

Posted

No 2 is probably your best bet for the MOT... but i think option 4 would look the sweetest on the bonnet in vinyl?

 

take the pics round your local MOT place and see what they say... we are all just guna make educated guesses!

Posted

Cant you just do what you think looks best and take the spots off for the MOT ?????

 

Or, seeing as you have both types, if he mentions that one is gonna fail, just whip it off and put the other one on? :thumbsup:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...