Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

316379_2395308324867_1315712939_32912401_408386_n.jpg

 

At least until the clutch cable snapped on the way back to the reception!

 

Cue a bit of pushing and ramming into gear and one sweaty groom getting back later than expected to the party.

 

Annoyingly the first AA man fixed the cable but left it resting on the exhaust manifold so it melted after a few miles - fortunately I was on the motorway so we got most of the way home without having to change gear.

 

I left the car on Blackheath until the second AA man came to tow me the rest of the way. He turned out to be an OSF nut who has a 2.8 Capri - we had a good chat and he took some pics of my car. He said he looks on here occasionally so maybe he'll see this - in which case - thanks for getting me home mate :) (new clutch cable is on it's way from GS Escorts so I'll be back on the road soon)

 

314887_10150794304070503_636950502_20852202_4767331_n.jpg

Posted

congratulations on the wedding mate. looking rather dapper 8) glad you managed to get the car ( and yourself) back to the reception. i was my cousins best man the other month and my escort was taking part in the day aswell. must get some pics up. all the best to you and the wife. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Posted
Congrats mate

 

We did the same, they loved having some Old Skool there!!

 

Excellent!

Wish my car looked as good as yours :mrgreen:

Also wish my mate didn't have his Cortina laid up in his garage - was hoping for a small convoy.

 

Photographer got a few good shots of me with the bonnet up, my sleeves rolled up and tie tucked in seeing where the cable had snapped - and a couple of people pushing the car to get it rolling :oops:

Posted
Wish my car looked as good as yours :mrgreen:

 

Mate lovin yours too I love a MK1 in Silver :thumbsup:

 

 

Photographer got a few good shots of me with the bonnet up, my sleeves rolled up and tie tucked in seeing where the cable had snapped - and a couple of people pushing the car to get it rolling :oops:

 

Priceless!!!

Posted

Congrats to you both and you'll talk about your wedding for years and the fact that the clutch canble snapped!! Your car looks top notch in its wedding garb !! I wish my wife was even remotely interested in my OSF!! lol

 

:lol::lol:

  • Admin
Posted

Excellent pic Stu :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Car looks lovely and the missus does too ... and you aint scrubbed up too bad either for such an important day :mrgreen::thumbsup:

  • Admin
Posted

Excellent pic Stu :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Car looks lovely and the missus does too ... and you aint scrubbed up too bad either for such an important day :mrgreen::thumbsup: Congratulations to you both :D

Posted

Excellent :thumbsup:

 

I'm getting married next year and my mk1 we be there as the Grooms car. I'm going to let the best man take it to the reception afterwards.

 

Mine is also Silver, what exact shade is yours?

 

:thumbsup:

Posted
Excellent :thumbsup:

 

I'm getting married next year and my mk1 we be there as the Grooms car. I'm going to let the best man take it to the reception afterwards.

 

Mine is also Silver, what exact shade is yours?

 

:thumbsup:

 

very cool

i had one of my best friends drive the bride and bridesmaids to the ceremony - he used to have an escort so was the best man for the job

 

whereas i turned up in his diesel mondeo (it's a sporty one but not quite the same)

 

my car is painted in a modern mercedes silver (i forget the code right now but do have it written down)

Posted

Good stuff,

 

I only ask as mine is Fox Silver but all the lacquer must have flaked off about 20 years ago as the only good paint left is on the underside of the boot lid. I've only ever seen 1 other escort in Fox Silver at santa pod a few years ago. I thought that this was the same car as its a similar shade.

 

Cheers

:thumbsup:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...