Essex OldSkoolFord night @ The Eagle Pub, Kelvedon Hatch, Brentwood, Tue 25th June CLASSIC FORD MAG IN ATTENDANCE!!

Tall paul

I dont normally post on here  but I have been going to the Eagle for the last few meets and it was turning out to be a cracking night with some lovely cars,

really hope the nobheads that turned up and ruined the night are banned, it changed the whole evening for me from an enjoyable night to me actually being embarresed to be there/drive home

dunno If I'll bother again if this is the way the meets are......................

The two that we have positively identified have already been banned and this kind of excessive exuberance isn't considered the norm or acceptable for our meets. I assume you know this though if you've been going for a while?

As to some of the established members on here saying "IF THIS IS WHAT IT MEANS TO BE OLD SKOOL FORD THEN I'M NOT INTERESTED.. I'AM OUT." you know full well that this isn't what it means to be OSF so let's not have any knee jerk reactions or tarring of us all with the same brush please?

• Like 1

dunno If I'll bother again if this is the way the meets are......................

Don't give up on it yet mate, I know what you mean but IF the meet continues it'll be a shame to loose the regular attendees because of what hopefully was a one off. You'll know from previous meets this was an exception and it'll be a massive blow for people to stop going.

Paul and co have worked so hard to get the Essex meet off the ground and it'll be gutting if a few idiots have killed it off.

If we still have the venue, I'm sure people will help out and advise the cars to leave in a respectful matter. I'll even turn up in uniform and stand at the gate if it helps lol.

• Like 1

So have they been baned for doing the donuts burnouts etc or because of the damage to cars etc only asking as you get the same thing at wingspan and at box hill ?? Also just want to say a big thank you to Paul and the rest for sorting out a great meet ; )

I hope it all gets sorted Paul without a load of grief for yourself!

Everyone loves a burnout but people need to use their loaf a bit when considering whether you're gonna get away with it or not. Upsetting residents and pub owners and flicking stones over your fellow OSF'ers motors is pretty daft and pretty obvious this grief will happen.

The Essex meet (and crowd) is great and doesn't deserve this just because of a few err........donuts!

• Like 5

As I said first time I've been and hope it's not the last. If you need any help keeping things in order I'll take some steroids before the next meet and look massive and intimidating, seriously if you need bodies happy to help out. It does sound though that it'll be back to the regular people next time. I take it was to do with the magazine being there this time!?

I think the issue for me personally in this particular case would be that it upsets the residents who live nearby and when it upsets them, they complain to the local authorities resulting in OSF getting a bad name in that area (thus preventing other pubs/venues from allowing us there) and it also could mean that we lose that as a venue.     I love a good burnout but when it loses us a venue it seems unfair on those that worked to get the venue ie. Paul.   And ... I for one would not like my bonnet pebbledashed as a result either :?

Burnouts and doughnuts Billy Smith is a serious understatement.

f you think that kind of infantile stupidity on a main road is reflective of what we want the general public (much less the adjacent police station) to think of the site in general then you are seriously misguided. The idiots that did this have probably screwed up a well established meet for locals who have enjoyed it for some time without problem. Extreme examples of this kind of behaviour / driving will jeopardise any event it happens at and I don't care whether I have your approval to ban the perpetrators or not. Any one else who wants to stick up for this kind of idiocy in a public place is equally welcome to find another forum as we don't put all this effort in to building the clubs name and reputation up for a few idiots to screw it up in five minutes flat.

• Like 3

Being there my self the only problem I could of seen was stones being flicked up other cars it was late no one was going up and down the road part from a nk1 fiesta that was flying and nearly smashed up a mk2 estate leaving I've seen a lot worse at other meets ???

Being there my self the only problem I could of seen was stones being flicked up other cars it was late no one was going up and down the road part from a nk1 fiesta that was flying and nearly smashed up a mk2 estate leaving I've seen a lot worse at other meets ???

That's not what plenty of others are reporting

Sorry But

Multiple doughnuts in the T junction opposite the pub creating a cloud of white smoke that you couldn't see thru!!!

Nhs vehicle having to brake sharply coz someone pulled out in front of it

Not to mention the local residents waiting to pull out of the junction at that time parked cars peppered with stones...!

Rolling burnouts Then turning round up the road and doing it again.......!!!!

Don't suppose you noticed the group of Essex oldskoolford guys ( our local meet.....possibly no more) Stood aghast watching the hard work put into the meet disappear into the cloud of tyre smoke.......Naa ....No problem there eh.....And apparently this behaviour is posdibly getting us banned from Boxhill too

• Like 1

Yes there were people leaving on full chat.....

There were people leaving and getting very out of control sideways.....

The locals were taking reg numbers and filming them too....

Thing is since the meet started we've had a great relationship with the pub and locals who often pop over n chat about our cars......That now hangs in the balance Unfortunately :(

I no it's hard to start up a good meet the one over my way died of death because of the group of members where clicky, but when I think of a car meet and I've been to many so have you there's normally some one laying down 11s or etc I can't I Havant got a LSD lol

I'm only saying what I saw mate there was plenty of cars leaving sideways or full revs all night so are they all banned as well ?

Plenty of other people say different. I will deal with any that are positively identified as being OTT, so far that only consists of two members. I'm aware of the three door owner and he may or may not be a member but I have no means of identifying him at present.

A great turnout and great to see a really nice selection of motors, well done Paul! A great achievement after many months of hard graft.

BUT shame a few 'non-regulars' felt the need to show off and upset the locals. Anyone that knows us will now we are respectful of the area the Eagle is located (i.e a small village) so we behave even though its tempting to give it some beans. Anyone with an ounce of common sense must realise that the locals wouldn't be impressed, its not exactly an industrial estate miles away from houses. Perhaps on OSF track day or something might suit anyone who cant control the go pedal?

We had a similar problem with stunt monkeys at most of the bike meets in the 90's (The White Bear being a good example) the locals, the old bill and the council put pressure on the landlord there and in the end he had to stop the meet. The pub closed and is now a house. You figure it out!

Fingers crossed we wont lose the venue and hopefully if we are able to go back we can make nice with landlord and the locals, maybe some kind of gesture? not sure what but it would go a long way to repair the reputational damage.

Peace

• Like 3

Bet if you arranged a track day no one would show. Could arrange a track day and some of the entry money go towards a cause the village supports, school etc. I would be happy to help set up something if there was enough interest.

Yep shame about the White Bear meet, saw some nasty accidents there.

• Like 1

I've just had a thought. Not sure if its viable. I'll try phoning my colleagues at the local nick and see if I can have a chat to the community bobbies to see what the state of play is. Maybe I can ask if there's any local school events or fetes maybe a few of us could show the cars to the kids or something similar? To get us back on side with the locals?

Just thinking out loud really...

• Like 2

Sounds like a good idea Mike :thumbsup:

In response to some suggestions that this is the way we should be seen to be conducting ourselves after a meet, as it seems to be OK at others, I would say take look at the other meets (Wingspan and Box Hill have been mentioned). Box Hill seems to not have had the sort of driving that seems apparent here, plus the roads aren't as busy, plus we have been threatened with exclusion from there also, with visits and meetings with the local police where we have been reprimanded on several occasions. In the case of the Wingspan meet, there are usually plenty of burnouts on the dead-end road that is outside and the next road in the mostly empty industrial estate, no houses, and certainly not a Police station! The recent two meets at the Wingspan were also the last so I dare say people realised that we won't be returning there so we can't exactly be banned from there.

This all reminds me of a post that was made on the site years ago where someone said that if you don't have points on your license for speeding, then you are a crap driver and aren't driving your OSF properly. WTF? Not being able to see the speed cameras and slow down accordingly makes you a crap driver. Do you see my point?

• Like 3