silverstreak Posted December 20, 2013 Report Posted December 20, 2013 :cheers:which bushes r best ive heard polys give a harsh ride
DT36 Posted December 20, 2013 Report Posted December 20, 2013 There are 2 types of Poly bushes: Red (polyrace) = Race and hard Yellow (polysport) = Fast road and not so hard
Escort Mk1 4 Door Posted December 21, 2013 Report Posted December 21, 2013 i got orange? and my mates got purple mine was tight but not ott 1
dustydog Posted December 21, 2013 Report Posted December 21, 2013 I would never fit them again fitted to last car and found ride harsh and they worn out quickly 1
DT36 Posted December 21, 2013 Report Posted December 21, 2013 I would never fit them again fitted to last car and found ride harsh and they worn out quickly What type were they? I have a set of yellows to fit along with new TCAs over the break. The TCAs come with black bushes as standard and I was going to pop them out and fit the yellows. These are all from Rallye Design.
irishtorag Posted December 21, 2013 Report Posted December 21, 2013 personally I prefer the soft standard for comfort its down to your own personal choice and whats available ,
dustydog Posted December 21, 2013 Report Posted December 21, 2013 yellow ones were on mine if I find them I will take a picture, the bush that goes in between them had worn the rubber away also they came with the arms similar car to mine Irishtorag 2
DT36 Posted December 21, 2013 Report Posted December 21, 2013 yellow ones were on mine if I find them I will take a picture, the bush that goes in between them had worn the rubber away also they came with the arms similar car to mine Irishtorag Lovely colour on your car. Think I might leave the black standard bushes already fitted on then TCAs then and only fit the smaller ones that wern't pressed in.
Moderator Rally Pack 2000 Posted December 21, 2013 Moderator Report Posted December 21, 2013 I personally prefer the rubber type. I tried poly bushes on the front bar and they just squeeked over every bump and then the bar holes elongated and the bar stated to make a clunking noise as it moved within the elongated hole. This however was with the first generation of poly bushes which I think the latter type are better but I just stick to rubber ones. However prior to poly bushes you still had a choice between standard and Rally Sport bushes. Both were rubber but the RS ones were really hard rubber and I felt were as good at poly bushes without the sqeeks or harshness. Most of the rubber ones for sale now are aftermaket ones of course but I have found them hard like the RS ones so thats what I will continue to use. 1
irishtorag Posted December 21, 2013 Report Posted December 21, 2013 tis surely dustydog was going to fit sport stripes but thought well she isn't a sport so I will just pin stripe it love the colour of yours maybe im just biased lol
BigBubba Posted December 22, 2013 Report Posted December 22, 2013 I think poly bushes are ok for the track, but for road use you cant beat new rubber bushes. I feel that lots of people, especially when it comes to Escorts, get caught up in the GRP4 madness, as I like to call it! You've got to have a 5 linked turreted back end, compression struts and roller top mounts, everything polybushed and rose jointed. Don't get me wrong, all this equipment has been proven in competition, but for a fast road car? 5 linked turreted rears are great if you're going over yumps in a welsh forest at 100mph, but is it required for a road car? No. The same applies to Polybushing etc, great on the silky smooth tarmac of a race track, but for the average pot hole infested carriageways of the UK? Will they sharpen the handling of the car? Undoubtedly, but they will also put unnecessary stresses on the shell. Competition cars are strengthened in order to absorb the shock etc, but the majority of ours aren't. If it's a road going car, I say leave 'em well alone! (sorry for the rant!) :big hug: 2
wayne cossie Posted December 22, 2013 Report Posted December 22, 2013 ive just put the softer poly bushes on the back of mine, cant tell the difference tbh apart from they were easier to fit
quickrack Posted December 22, 2013 Report Posted December 22, 2013 I wont use them again either. Made the front feel rough and the rear unpredictable in tight corners/roundabouts. Replaced rear and the lovely progressive escort feel is back 1
irishtorag Posted December 23, 2013 Report Posted December 23, 2013 There is nothing like a small bit of roll in an older car, sure isn't that what we all remember from back in the day. Wallowy soft drive ,bitta noise and over heated vinyl. Wasn't too many of us had group 4 road cars only group4 then was a security firm with the money we wished we had :)
luckyjim Posted December 23, 2013 Report Posted December 23, 2013 oops! I fitted red polybushes throughout on my escort cos they look coool against the black suspension components
brettp Posted December 24, 2013 Report Posted December 24, 2013 I got poly bushes tightened the car up no end wouldn't go back to rubber ones
Andrade Posted December 30, 2013 Report Posted December 30, 2013 I've poly bushed mine throughout with the orange ones from flo-flex http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/flo-flex With the serviced steering rack it certainly gives more confidence behind the wheel. Of course they are tougher than standard, but i quite like their feel. Edit: In my Escort Estate not the Anglia 1
Escort Mk1 4 Door Posted December 30, 2013 Report Posted December 30, 2013 same as above i fitted a 2.3 rack to my mk1 with polly bushes
dustydog Posted December 30, 2013 Report Posted December 30, 2013 Just removed 2x track control arms fitted with poly bushes in 2011 they are both worn out the steel insert worn the rubber away
Moderator Rally Pack 2000 Posted January 1, 2014 Moderator Report Posted January 1, 2014 Has anyone seen the Escort large radius arm bushes in rubber still for sale? I can only seem to find polly ones.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now