colr6 Posted August 18, 2015 Report Posted August 18, 2015 Well after eight hours of fiddling/cutting and welding its IN.tried getting a. Corsa B power pump not one to be had with what I wanted to pay!.so settled for the astra C,a bit big but needs must. Three attempts at getting it mounted what I would call right.down to the local steel stock holders,length of bright steel off we go.So steel £20,Power steering pump£25 spherical bearing £27+ about eight hours done. Why pay three to seven hundred smackers for one off the shelf when a bit of thought and perseverance gets the job done! As I used say in my mechanicing days Where there is will there is a way, where there is a way there is a weld,and where there is a weld there's ME!......a few pics before final fit and tidy up.......sorry about pics been upside down can't be good at everything! .......haha
SmokeEm Posted August 18, 2015 Report Posted August 18, 2015 Top skills there! I only sold my M5 Tina coz I couldn't afford the Corsa conversion
PeteRS8084 Posted August 18, 2015 Report Posted August 18, 2015 Who's a clever bunny..........on the steering front. Your uploading of photos skills such! Well done col, knew you would suss it!
colr6 Posted August 18, 2015 Author Report Posted August 18, 2015 Anyone tell me how to get the pics right way up? Tried turning on iPad before upload still upside down HELP!
PeteRS8084 Posted August 18, 2015 Report Posted August 18, 2015 Well here is my thought......... A. Take the pictures on the I pad the right way in the first place B. If not in correct rotation, rotate them on the I pad before down loading C. Get someone, aged 10 or under to sort it for you....old northern bloke! Happy to help 1
colr6 Posted August 18, 2015 Author Report Posted August 18, 2015 Taken in order1-done.......2-done.....3-..grandaughter coming tomorrow, she's smart like you Pete. She says- but grandad YOU know everything 1
colr6 Posted August 26, 2015 Author Report Posted August 26, 2015 Got the twiddly thing for the dash today,sorted the wiring out!(hate electrics) ignition on................one finger lock to lock sat on 8x13 intermediates and 2-4 quick rack lovely. Cancelled my gym subscription and weekly supply of spinach! 1 job completed 2 more to go. 1
jamie956 Posted August 26, 2015 Report Posted August 26, 2015 I wired mine with an on - off switch on the dash I find even in its lowest assist setting my car is a bit twitchy at speed with the power steering on and you can some times over steer the car when pushing it brilliant for getting it in and out of the workshop though.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now