Aussie 4dr RS2000 project

I have a rare 4dr RS2000 back in Australia that I am planning on shipping back to the UK.

By the time it lands it will owe me about £5000.

Needs a total restoration but is complete so no chasing of parts will be required other than normal repair sections.

Just gauging interest as to the viability to ship or may end up selling in Australia.

Would just be looking to get back my costs so could be a cheap and unique RS project for someone in the UK (I only know of 2 Aussie RS2000s in the UK)

Not too fussed if it sells or not but interested in thoughts of other forum members.

More pics on request.3a1e3e816f455e98e87cfe4fc6a05fb1.jpg

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

There's been a red 4 door RS popping up on eBay, with the price quietly dropping. 

I think the guy thought he was going to make a killing on it, but he doesn't seem to be getting any takers. He is way overpriced though. 

Yours on the other hand could be a nice project for someone if the price is kept reasonable. 

Even though they're genuine, people over year just don't get the 4 door and RS connection and those who don't know they exist (which is many) just see them as a look alike. 

In short, if it needs a lot of work, I'd sell it in Australia as you might struggle to recoup your shipping costs on top of the value of the cat. 

Is there lots of RS more doors in Australia then 
They only sold 2400 RS2000s in Australia.
Numbers of 4 door cars were about the same as 2drs but many of the 2dr cars were thrashed and crashed so generally the 4drs are more common and in better condition if unrestored. The 2dr cars are always the one people want.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk