Found any OSF Bargains Today?

Someone started a thread not long ago about posting any  bargains you found lately in the ocean of ridiculous parts pricing for our Old Skool Fords. But I cant find it anywhere so starting another and if anyone knows the title of the original I will merge them!

I was just putting some engine parts together for a potential rebuild and stumbled across a seller offering original Ford oil pumps for Pintos for twenty quid each. I couldn't even find the generic ones cheaper than that. The postage to me cost more than the pumps themselves. I thought there must be something wrong with but they look like new apart from a bit of dust ad surface rust on one. Re-manufactured maybe? They only seem to have a few scuff marks from storage but no signs of ever being used. So I think it was 20 quid well spent.

OilPump1.jpg.03e1cfc235e66af27eefaf48a804c1d7.jpg

OilPump2.jpg.6c3dfec6489b7722608bd9f11c8e1f1c.jpg

• Like 2

And from what a good engine builder says, OEM pumps are generally far superior to the newly produced HP / HV types available. He would use a 'used' OEM pump in preference to a new variant - says a lot to me!

• Like 2

On 21/11/2021 at 22:39, katana said:

And from what a good engine builder says, OEM pumps are generally far superior to the newly produced HP / HV types available. He would use a 'used' OEM pump in preference to a new variant - says a lot to me!

Ahhhh you know I hadn't even considered High Pressure or High Volume pumps! Is that why these ones were so cheap for a new old stock Ford part, everyone wants upgraded ones so that these are left on shelves? Im still considering using a standard cam again and at most one of the low revving high torque cams like the FR30. So I just jumped seeing new standard pumps as that's what I have always used and didn't consider they didn't have much value to everyone else who prefer to modify. I wish people viewed all standard parts like that I could afford to maintain the car properly! LOL

• Like 1