New daily

chinkamon

So A LOT of stuff going on the past year, finally things look to be settling down! so hopefully getting back to business, more playing with the car and days out ( fingers crossed)

So my ex wrote my daily off for me, just before she picked up her brand new car, her and new her partner got for free.... 😑

Insurance company said it was worthless and gave me pennies for it🤬 so I borrowed some cash, bought a c class mercedes estate locally. Body wise it was a bit tired looking, the guy seemed to love parking IN curbs, and the front had a funny ding. But interior was almost flawless, brilliant!

Paid a few grand for it, then shortly after realised having 3 children in the back ( 2 in Car seats, 1 sat in the middle) a c class isn't actually very wide🙈 so after a year of my eldest boy being squashed in the middle, it was time for a new car.

So on the hunt for a car wide enough for equivalent of 3 car seats, that isn't a shagged out zafira or something alike. So I settled on a Mondeo. Eyeing up a nice one at a car sales place yea it'll do the job, then as I'm scrolling eBay a particular Mondeo appeared, only down the road in Abergavenny, an cheaper than this one I been looking at. 

Me an the old chap Go to take a look, it's near flawless, an tidy money too, so a deal was done and my sensible daily wide enough for the kids turned into a Mondeo st220, 3 litre V6! 🤣 Road tax is pretty much £400 a year, same as the Merc, but insurance... Well. I'd like to see your estimates.... 

Incidentally,

There's a c class mercedes estate if anyone wants a tidy cheap car?

IMG_20240325_150648.jpg

IMG_20240325_150930.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Dave Knight said:

Cracking motor, love them. Not many about now. 

Apparently out of 4600 ish made, only around 1700 left.

Also, According to a reliable source, it's actually a rarer car than an Aston martin DB9 ( in st220 form anyway) which would also explain the lack of information on this model  😂

Bloody superb drive though! And with the full stainless exhausts it sounds a bit angry too😍

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chinkamon said:

Apparently out of 4600 ish made, only around 1700 left.

Also, According to a reliable source, it's actually a rarer car than an Aston martin DB9 ( in st220 form anyway) which would also explain the lack of information on this model  😂

Bloody superb drive though! And with the full stainless exhausts it sounds a bit angry too😍

I can give you some info, but you won't like it. It is a very nice car especially in blue but it is rather unreliable (and complex). Someone over here bought one many years ago and soon it started to misbehave. After going to a few independant garages (who couldn't find anything) he went to a Ford garage. Mechanics came to see the car but when he said he had issues they ran away as quickly as they could. Electronics are not good, issues with wiring looms and instrument panel, to replace spark plugs you have to remove the inlet manifold I believe. Engine has to be topped up with oil so check that every week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miniliteman said:

I can give you some info, but you won't like it. It is a very nice car especially in blue but it is rather unreliable (and complex). Someone over here bought one many years ago and soon it started to misbehave. After going to a few independant garages (who couldn't find anything) he went to a Ford garage. Mechanics came to see the car but when he said he had issues they ran away as quickly as they could. Electronics are not good, issues with wiring looms and instrument panel, to replace spark plugs you have to remove the inlet manifold I believe. Engine has to be topped up with oil so check that every week.

Luckily dad's a mechanic and worked on these in their day so is quite happy to have a tinker with bits, the amount of service history and receipts I have I know it's been looked after so for now, I'm happy, time will tell though😂😂

• Like 2