Jump to content

jamie

Members
  • Posts

    728
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by jamie

  1. Any thoughts?
  2. Nice one Gary.
  3. jamie

    Fuel

    Did I hear correctly that it is going up in January by 3 pence? Then, if the new speed limit comes in and we are legally allowed to drive at 80, that means it'll cost people even more. I'd like to think the roads would be a bit clearer as people stay at home but it seems at the moment they are busier than ever. We just have to pay the price. That is all.
  4. Well done mate!
  5. jamie

    Buying a car...

    Thanks for the advice mate!
  6. All cracking pictures! Here are a few from me.... Calendar was top notch last year - I'll be placing an order for next years...
  7. Hi all, I'm need to buy a car...not a "brand new" car but a reliable daily! I've looked around a few dealers and there seems to be a few options including PCP, Hire Purchase or buy outright. I think I'll try to get a loan and then buy outright, but has anyone had any good deals with hire purchase or PCP? Some schemes tend to focus on low monthly repayments but I'm wary of how much of the loan I'd be paying off? In other schemes, where you can swap it for a newer model after two years (such as in PCP if I understand it correctly), has anyone had any issues? In such a scheme, I assume you are responsible to get cars repaired? Whereas if you own a car you could leave a repair and get it done "another day". My gut reaction is to try to get a loan from a financial institution and pay that back over time. Cheers!
  8. Tempted by this...will check on work etc. and try to make some arrangements.
  9. Dreamscape are back. Anyone going to this? I just tried to get a ticket and they are sold out Anyone got a spare ticket? Thought they may be a few old skool ravers on here... Dreamscape 20th Anniversary - 19th November 2011 8pm - 5am Northampton Dreamscape Arena: To help us celebrate and re-create that historic evening of Dreamscape 1, we have invited some Murray's favorite DJs and closest friends to pay their respects and they will be playing music from 1989-1996 as this was the period when he own ESP/Dreamscape. Ramos Sy Swanee Dougal Top Buzz Slipmatt Clarkee Grooverider Ellis Dee MC's: Ribbz Mad P Robbie Dee MC Marley Rewind Arena: History lesson 1991-2002 To take you on a music journey through Dreamscape, the Rewind collective the Capital's finest old skool organisation and their friends will give you a history lesson of more than a decade of music,They will dig a little deeper to bring you not only all the anthems and hits you would normally associate with Dreamscape but also those rare underground tunes the likes of which you don't hear everyday. Get ready for this educational lesson. Tango b2b Ratty Vibes and LiveLee DJ SS Snypa Becks FX Dan Rewind Maverick b2b Maxim Scottie MC's: Fearless Strict Fusion DHD Darksta onlyoldskool.com Arena: To get you loved up and clapping your hands, we have asked onlyoldskool,com the Midlands premier internet radio station to host this very special house room, With a very special guest not normally associated with this genre of music House is a feeling. Pilgrim (in a different style) Pinkie Henryvilla Pinhead Burnzee Kingey Beaker Dougie P
  10. Thought I'd take a few pictures of my Anglia today and post them up. Few mods here and there. Must trim those U bolts! Servo fitted under the dash Had to make one of the brackets for the heater box slightly bigger 105speed manifold... Rebuilt carb, note old bolt in pipe blanking... Fitted a Ratsport catch tank 2 weeks ago. Not sure if I need to plumb it back into the carb (?), note more blanking here... Thanks to all those that have helped - you know who you are. And my next project...engine build. This may be for another Anglia (time and money will dictate!)
  11. What engine is that mate?
  12. Thats sounds wicked! Nice one mate.
  13. jamie

    Price of fuel

    Yep!
  14. jamie

    Price of fuel

    Hadn't used the Anglia for a while, so went out a run yesterday with Putner. I filled the tank the day before with super unleaded as I normally do. Well I hadn't used the car for a month or two but... £30! Then had to put another £15 in on the run. This hobby is getting so expensive... But while I've got the grin-factor you cannot beat it!
  15. Sounding sweet... 7iOBBXxYzfo
  16. jamie

    Motorway

    I actually don't get it? Why 80? I think you have to ask why do people drive at 80 mph now? And I think you all know why... Therefore if the limit is raised to 80, what will people drive at? Did they say the police will enforce it more e.g. nothing over 80?
  17. Tut tut mate! Your letting the side down I know Paul, what a slacker I am. Seriously, my car has had a few issues but they are pretty much sorted now. MOT this week. Hope all is well with you Paul - catch you soon mate.
  18. Nice pics. Gutted to miss a few of these Battlesbridge meets this year. I'll be back on the case next year guys.
  19. Best of luck!
  20. Sorry to hear this Ian. Love this car. I hope there is another way and you can keep your car.
  21. http://www.collegehumor.com/video/31330 ... lar-soccer
  22. Nice work! What did you clean the exhaust manifold with?
  23. That looks stunning Jeff. Still saving funds at the moment, but I'll be in touch for some HPE diff work at some point.
  24. I just asked Mr Google and they look like these mate? M16 Ford Escort Capri Replacement Caliper http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/product_in ... nd7hsnhlk4 *takes anorak off*
×
×
  • Create New...