stevepeanut
Members-
Posts
2,474 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
1
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Store
Events
Everything posted by stevepeanut
-
nice pics, gutted I didnt make it after taxing the car just for this meet
-
if they knock on my door tonight with a pumpkin they are going to get a 10 minute lecture about our loosing our culture, and I'll show them a properly done turnip
-
bit of a hairdressers hotrod, my mate had to get one cos his lass wouldnt drive anything bigger and he hated it. Any bloke in a puma or tigra would get the piss taken out of them round here. Keep the volvo Antz
-
had a couple of everyday cars like a rover and mondeo, then after a go in a supra a bought one of those, sold that, and had a bmw 325i e30. Realised that RWD is the way to go. BMW died on a roundabout when the back end locked solid. Was looking all over for an interesting RWD car, my mate found a cheap capri for sale. Had a look and bought it, and had 4 osfs since then. More than anything its the friends I've made, the whole scene and meets that have kept me with the osfs. But it will never come close to my passion for riding motorbikes.
-
IMDB it says there are making human centipede 2 and in that one there will be 12 people stuck together
-
what exactly are they proposing for this year?
-
getting rid of damp HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
stevepeanut replied to stevepeanut's topic in OLD SKOOL FORD CHAT
Can't really see damp being much of a problem under the bonnet, you drive in the rain and nothing much is effected by it. Take the dizzy cap off and make sure its dry inside. Leaving the engine running without driving should send under bonnet temps up and help dry things out.. fired it up tonight and it sounded like a diesel, think its not on all 4 cylinders. Went in the garage and found brand new, dizzy cap, rotor arm and points. Changed all 3 and now it wont fire at all. Getting close to giving up. -
I'd say mk5 cortina, you can pick up a really good one for under £1000. I ran a capri 2.0 laser for a year as a daily and it never let me down, it only cost £400, but they are getting more pricey. Guess after that its early fiestas.
-
getting rid of damp HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
stevepeanut replied to stevepeanut's topic in OLD SKOOL FORD CHAT
cheers Steve but its damp thats got into the engine / electrics I think -
getting rid of damp HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
stevepeanut replied to stevepeanut's topic in OLD SKOOL FORD CHAT
someone must know, anyone? -
please dont mention exact street names guys, dont want anyones car getting nicked cos someone read its location on here
-
thats what I thought, what the fek is going in someones head to make them think of that
-
go to yell.com type in croydon and type in powder coating
-
my mate at work rented it last night from the video store, I was nearly sick eating my breakfast while he told me the plot http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1467304/ theres a "watch trailer" button, I watched the trailer this looks one really screwed up movie, dont think I could watch the whole thing
-
ref my last thread http://www.oldskoolford.co.uk/phpBB2/vi ... highlight= I had my battery tested at kwikfit on their diagnostic battery tester thingy It said battery is very low on charge 48%, but it is in good order and has no probs holding a charge etc. So I put the battery on an optimiser and got it at full charge. Couple of turns and the car started ok. Thats one half of the problem sorted. Next is... The car is still running rough and spluttering. I have felt the underside of the sound deadening foam and its very damp. So I am guessing damp has got into the engine/electrics somewhere 1 where is it likely to be causing the problem? 2 whats the best way to get rid of it? cheers
-
Good to see rossi back winning, cant wait to see him on the Ducati. Good season for lorenzo, he's got the hang of the bike now and deserves the championship. I have a feeling stoner will go backwards going to Honda. BSB tripple header was a great weekends viewing on Eurosport. Kiyo rode ace this year, back to form after a strange 2 years at ten kate. Me and the missus have met him twice this year he's a nice guy. Gutted for Tommy Hill though, after all the back luck and injurys he's had over the last few years. Oh and well done to Biaggi for this championship win in world superbikes, that aprilia looks an amazing machine and makes me want to buy another one despite my last one blowing up and causing me to loose a lot of money on it.
-
Where are all the Granada's (Mk1's and Mk2's that is)...?!
stevepeanut replied to grifterkid's topic in OLD SKOOL FORD CHAT
I've never really looked much at granads, but hey they are so cool. I love the late model ones. Same engine as in my capri special that I had. I quite fancy one now. -
cheers I will do that one day this week
-
will my multimeter measure the amps of the battery?
-
whats confusing me, is that the car had been stood for 2 months. 2 weeks ago it fired up no problem, first turn of the key and I moved it from the front of the house to the rear. Now 2 weeks later its dead. Also anyone know if 12.3 volts should be enough to start the car? Out of interest I measured the volts on my suzuki 4x4 and that was 12.5 volts
-
mods I put this in here rather than cortina room cos it will apply to any car I fired the cortina up 2 weeks ago after it had been stood a while, started no problems. Went to start it last night and it turned the starter for a sec then stopped. Put the jump leads on from another car and it fired up ok. Left it ticking over and revved it for a while, stopped the engine and it wouldn't start, totally flat. Jumped it again and took it out for a drive, the car was ok up to 2500rpm then stutters and struggled to pull above 3000. Btought the car home and stopped it, and again the battery appears to be be flat Checked the battery with the engine running and a little revs and its getting 14 volts, which I think it good. With the engine stopped the battery is showing 12.3 volts which wont turn the starter Could it be the battery has died and wont hold a charge? any other ideas
-
had 3 cans of scrumpy while working on the 4x4 and trying to start the cortina, ran out so changed to sol and lime, now on bacardi and coke which is horrible