stevepeanut
Members-
Posts
2,474 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
1
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Store
Events
Everything posted by stevepeanut
-
3 of my mates did it when they left school, got on a training scheme, YTS, ages ago this though. Worked for £30 and did on the job training at a garage 4 days, and 1 day study in class. After 2 years they got took on with a proper wage and job. But this was 10 + years ago when we left school, probs all different now, but hopefully there will still be training on offer. Grades on paper are one thing but for body repair you cant beat hands on experience.
-
Are you thinking of the one that was / is owned by Jon Hill of CCI? I'm not sure if this is the same car http://www.adrianstomcat.co.uk/Capri.htm not sure either, I have heard of the jon hill car it was at the front of his HQ, but deffo seen a 4x4 capri pop up either once or twice on ebay, but not sure if it was the same car
-
I dont trust big dealers, not saying all are bad but some are our lasses sister has a saxo which was making odd noises, took it into the main dealers and they wanted to replace over £1000 worth of parts we told her to try a local guy who sorts us for things, £20 later and it was sorted, just need some joints greasing
-
seen that capri before, its come up ebay a couple of times
-
maybe I should put my cortina shell on a disco chassis
-
day by day my interest for old fords is getting less, and my enthusiasum for 4x4s is growing, just spent fri/sat/sun at kirton quarry in the cheapo vitara I bought off ebay, all I have done is painted it green and put some mud tyres on it and it goes ace. The value for money you get with the offroad centres is fantastic. Heres a quick vid of me messing around. Its probs not helping that my cortina has been off the road for a few weeks though.
-
"cheque checks must clear" whats a cheque check? also, why doesnt he putting a King mot on it? £2500 I would want an mot
-
And make a better job, at least you know what a new frame is like, you don't know what other hidden horrors that one may be hiding... What do you do about the chassis number when you reframe a 'bike? I'll just buy a used frame and V5 and use the new frames chassis number, and the bike will have a new reg number, no need to change or swap it over. I'll cut up the old frame and use it for spares/welding practice, and inform the DVLA that its been scrapped. My bandit is a mk1 so I can just buy an frame from 1996-2000 model, mine is a 1997 R reg, but I could end up riding newer or older depending what year frame I buy.
-
it could be repaired, but I have spoken to the lads on oldskoolsuzuki and been advised it'll be cheaper to replace the frame
-
Time to work on my motorbike, thought today I would take my forks off my bandit 1200 and paint the bottoms of the legs silver, While the forks were off I thought its a good time to start and clean up the bits of rust on the frame. Took the oil cooler off its mounts and started to take off the downpipes, then I noticed a few cracks in the surface of the frame. I gave it a small poke with a file and.... proper gutted paid £2000 for this bike last year and now I have to buy a new frame
-
a bit of the rubber doughnut has split off, so it just needs the doughnut replaced and then balanced. I also gave him a mk2 escort auto prop, so he could have used the front part of that and ran it without a doughnut. I guessed a weekish would be a fair time to do it, he said on the phone he was short staffed with people on their holidays, thats why its been delayed. I'll ring him again next week and see what he says.
-
Well my prop has been in for repair for 2 weeks now. Phoned the place on Tuesday and they said they would try and have it done mid week - friday and ring me, but not heard anything. So going into its 3rd week now
-
what would you do steve if you turned round and saw a 2 &1/2 foot rat grinning at you run like fook or crawl like fook lol had wasps and mortar bees come at me and gone like a rocket and jumped out but never rats
-
I did a loft job yesterday, there had been 9 rats nests in the insulation. The nests and all the insulation had been removed. But there were thousands of rat droppings left in the loft, I worked for 5 mins and walked out of it. Was nearly sick with the smell.
-
Eh? What cars have buzzers for when the indicator operates? Why is this good in relation to towing? Fred I think he means the electrics going into the trailer has a buzzer. My bike trailer has a buzzer which sounds when I indicate, I think its just a safety thing to remind you that you have a bug trailer on the back.
-
been looking into it, the rules are a bit weird, but this is off the dvla site Category B: Vehicles up to 3.5 tonnes MAM and with up to eight passenger seats Category B vehicles may be coupled with a trailer up to 750kgs MAM (allowing a combined weight up to 4.25 tonnes MAM) or a trailer over 750kgs MAM provided the MAM of the trailer does not exceed the unladen weight of the towing vehicle, and the combination does not exceed 3.5 tonnes MAM. For example: * a vehicle with an unladen weight of 1.25 tonnes and a MAM of 2 tonnes coupled with a trailer with a MAM of 1.25 tonnes could be driven by the holder of a category B entitlement. This is because the MAM of the combination does not exceed 3.5 tonnes and also the MAM of the trailer does not exceed the unladen weight of the drawing vehicle
-
happy birthday Neil, hope you having a few
-
I passed my text late in 1997 so I dont have B + E, I just have normal B car licence. So I missed out on the trailer licence which they used to give you. I can tow a car trailer combo of upto 3.5 tonnes but I might go and take the trailer test so it gives me a wider choice or towing vehicles and trailers. Has anyone done the trailer test?
-
yeah Kieran thats the one, proper sorted car, love my osf but also have a big thing for good jap cars
-
Dave my mind is getting worse, I cant remember the main colour but it had lots of black spoilers all over it
-
just looked at the website address in the rear window of the car typed it in http://www.norrismotorsport.co.uk/index2.html belongs to norris motorsport its a beautifull car, it really stood out from everything else there
-
an interesting afternoon watching mainly jap stuff and some insanely fast tigras, loads of random cars that looked nothing but went seriously quick. But there were only 2 cars I liked enough to get my camera out for. Well 3, the 800bhp norris designs evo was awesome. Enjoy my whole 2 pics! saw this cortina in the car park, very nice and this sunbeam was waiting to go up the strip, it had a yb motor in it
-
happy birthday mate
-
Gears & Tears on BBC1 - Mondays @10.35 - V8 Stockcars
stevepeanut replied to BudgieV8's topic in CHIT CHAT
might watch this on catch up later on, thats past my bedtime so didnt get to watch it -
just smashing a few cans down now, been on the oranjeboom for the last 2 nights and it messes my head up lol Still need to order some food for tea, was working on the bike till 7.15 and didnt realise how late it was so neither me or wor lass can be bothered cooking now.