Jump to content

stevepeanut

Members
  • Posts

    2,474
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by stevepeanut

  1. sick of the site of tax reminders coming in the post, cortina runs out at the end of august so I might sorn it. Got 2 bikes, my vitara and my cortina all on the road its getting ridiculous having to tax/mot/insure 4 vehicles.
  2. stevepeanut

    Tool Kits.

    tell ya what still makes me giggle, the numpy on here that had a go at me and said I was ripped off when I spent £200 on a halfords tool cabinet. It was a double cabinet on wheels and was half price in the sale. He said I was a mug paying that cos it didn't come full of tools! It would cost thousands to kit that out with really good tools
  3. stevepeanut

    Tool Kits.

    where can you actually buy snap on stuff? is it just off the vans?
  4. stevepeanut

    Tool Kits.

    mine is a mix of draper stuff from machine mart and halfords pro. Halfords pro stuff is really good. Avoid cheap tools though, waste of money.
  5. just spoke to the bloke there, he says he can sort mine no problem, so taking it there later today
  6. if admin are not happy with a member services, well maybe the best thing is, if someone needs help with something, put up a post and ask for it. I put up a post when I needed help with my auto to manual conversion, asking if anyone local to Leeds could help. Worked a treat and a fellow member helped me out bigtime, in exhange for bacon sarnies and coffee
  7. cracking idea, I've had a lot of help from fellow members, be great to know who is where and what they can help with
  8. harrier or not a harrier I think he needs to lower his start price a bit
  9. just had a look on their site, looks like they are a good place to sort things
  10. I am pretty sure this is the cause of the vibration problem, part of this rubber bit has gone awol, been told the rubber part is moulded onto the prop so I wont be able to renew the rubber Found another propshaft in the garage, the one at the top in the pic was off my old mk2 escort, the rear half off the prop is shorter on the mk2 one, but the front halfs are identical in length and have the same fitting for the gearbox is it possible to split the prop at the joint, then I could use the good front prop from the escort and the good rear prop from the cortina. How do these come apart at the centre joint?
  11. been to see them live in Glasgow, proper awesome, all the stage stuff they have its like seeing a rock concert combined with being at the theatre
  12. stevepeanut

    Top gear.

  13. stevepeanut

    Top gear.

    hows about nelson piquet drifting that f1 car? thats the best bit of car driving I have ever seen
  14. stevepeanut

    tents

    just got a nice one from go outdoors, we bought a really nice tent from argos at a good price which was ace till it rained and it leaked like crazy so rapidly went back
  15. well that gives me till october to fix my car......
  16. good to finally meet you too mate
  17. nice pics as usual Andy, had fun in the gravel on my back fixing the starter motor which fell off. Made it home in 1 piece at a steady 50mph, possible the centre bearing has failed on my prop. Cheers to John for the tools and the jack
  18. checked my manual its deffo a 2 piece prop
  19. cheers guys, I wonder if its a failed bearing, it does have a loud rumble as well as the vibrations
  20. When I got my cortina it was running a 1.6 and someone had fitted a 5 speed. It ran fine. I have recently finished a 2.0 conversion. At the same time I fitted new wheels and tyres. First run out it was ok until I hit 55 mph, then bad vibrations start happening. They come in really bad at 60-64mph ease off a touch at 70, and then get really bad again at 75. Most noticeable place I can feel it is through the gearstick, it vibrates and buzzes so bad that I cant put my hand on it. I can also feel it coming up my right leg from the accelerator pedal. I thought it was coming from my new wheels, I bought new tyres and a friend of my lass fitted them on the cheap but he didnt balance them, I took them and got them balanced this morning. Had another run out today but the problem is still there. As a side note the new engine seems fine, it revs ok, and pulls nicely and quickly despite the vibrations. Any ideas what could be causing this? people at the meet today suggested the prop shaft, but this was fine before the engine swap and hasnt been removed or touched. Someone else ages ago mentioned the clutch not being properly aligned. Any advice greatly appreciated cos I am stuck with this.
  21. the hurricane has died
  22. if you can get your head round this http://www.ukmotorhomes.net/a-frames.shtml think A frame would work ace all day long unless the law turn up in which case you are screwed. I think by the looks of this, you need to be towing a car weighing less than 750 kilos and you are ok
  23. do a search mate, this has been talked about before. I think they are illegal now, unless its for moving a vehicle a short distance to get it safely off the road in a breakdown or similar
  24. I used to dream of doing stuff like that on my raleigh burner
×
×
  • Create New...