johnny_h Posted July 2, 2007 Report Posted July 2, 2007 Booked a week off mate I aint got out of bed yet!
ZetecVan 2.0 Posted July 2, 2007 Report Posted July 2, 2007 I know! I was still buzzing this morning (or was that just my ears ringing from the noisy van?) even though I was knackered. Rang Juby first thing, and so was he. He said he'd had so many ideas for his Anglia Estate/Van by looking around the cars yesterday. He said he wish he'd had his camcorder to hand when I was chasing the peugeot on the way home. He said he backed off at (cough) a certain speed and I just kept going!!
Jimbob-Squarepants © Posted July 2, 2007 Report Posted July 2, 2007 You beat me to it Guv... I was going to post the same thing. It has to be said, that Jim is one sad lad today. The one event I have been so looking forward to all year has now been and gone. There maybe a silver lining though.... You all must have noticed how quick this year is going???? Well, next years L2B wont be too far away. There better be one next year????
Admin Vista Posted July 2, 2007 Admin Report Posted July 2, 2007 I was glad to be back at work this morning, my weekend was a major letdown Saturday night was supposed to be my Stag night and 15 of us had been planning a night out in Swansea for months. Mini bus booked, hotel sorted, agenda arranged etc etc First stop en route was to Pick up my brothers from Bristol airport, got half way there and got a call saying their flight was delayed by 45 mins. No biggy we think we'll grab a beer in the pub down the road. So, we pull up at the pub, grab a beer, then a text comes saying they're boarding now, excellent we think it's 3pm and they'll be here at 4 Swansea by around 5.30 and on the town by 6.30 right? WRONG! They were at Glasgow airport and ten minutes after they boarded we all know what happened! They evacuated the airport and left all the passengers on the planes out on the tarmac, my brothers were trapped aboard that plane for around 9 hours, and we couldn't move on from Bristol as we didn't know if they were going to be allowed to take off. They'd have been stuck if they'd arrived in Bristol after we left. It was eventually confirmed at around 6.30 that they wouldn't be flying so we set off for Swansea, arrived there about 8.30 (sodding minibus with a 60mph speed limiter ) and got out on the town about 9.30. Trouble was we were all half cut by the time we left Bristol (on the tinnies on the bus up) so by the time we arrived in Swansea were no longer in the mood for a night out. Plus I was too worried about the risk to my brothers in the event of another attack to really enjoy myself. It looks like easyjet aren't going to refund any of the flight cost claiming acts of terrorism blah blah, Hang on just a fooking minute, 1) if they'd been on time in the first place the plane wouldn't have been caught up in it 2) As they didn't actually fly anyone anywhere they had no costs in terms of fuel, so pay the fook up! Gonna have to start planning another stag night now, who wants to come?
jamesmk1 Posted July 2, 2007 Report Posted July 2, 2007 i did not want to go back to work, but i did get 10 min to fit my slicks.
Admin Mk2Jo Posted July 2, 2007 Admin Report Posted July 2, 2007 Bad luck Vista but I guess at the end of the day, everyone was safe You can do your stag thing another week-end Oh, and after an OSF week-end .... it's always a come down going back to normal life ps. Jimbob .... there's Isle of Wight to look forward to as well as Retro Show, Powderham Castle (for those in the SW), Ford Fair, Ashford, OSFDC, Boxhill, tunnel run .... the list goes on
FlashCadillac Posted July 2, 2007 Report Posted July 2, 2007 I know! I was still buzzing this morning (or was that just my ears ringing from the noisy van?) even though I was knackered. Rang Juby first thing, and so was he. He said he'd had so many ideas for his Anglia Estate/Van by looking around the cars yesterday. He said he wish he'd had his camcorder to hand when I was chasing the peugeot on the way home. He said he backed off at (cough) a certain speed and I just kept going!! yeah i had a headache from the..... whatever it is thats no flippin noisy
Pipster007 Posted July 2, 2007 Report Posted July 2, 2007 Gonna have to start planning another stag night now, who wants to come? Time and dates If I ain't workin' then I'll be there
Jimbob-Squarepants © Posted July 3, 2007 Report Posted July 3, 2007 Bad luck Vista but I guess at the end of the day, everyone was safe You can do your stag thing another week-end Oh, and after an OSF week-end .... it's always a come down going back to normal life ps. Jimbob .... there's Isle of Wight to look forward to as well as Retro Show, Powderham Castle (for those in the SW), Ford Fair, Ashford, OSFDC, Boxhill, tunnel run .... the list goes on Ooohhhh Yes, I forgot about the Tunnel Run I am liking the idea of the Isle of Wight, but I doubt if the Anglia will be out of the naughty corner in time
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now