Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Well Toby, what can I say! THAT IS TRUELY AWSOME!!! But it doesnt surprise me that you have gone quicker and I have no doubts whatsoever that you will go quicker still! I am absolutely gutted that you beat my time :lol: but im more gutted that my little pushrod is coming out, because like yourself, I wasnt all out of ideas and I am pretty sure that the mods I had up my sleeve would have made a difference!

 

Keep going mate, Low 12's?????

 

:thumbsup::ykt:

Posted
Well Toby, what can I say! THAT IS TRUELY AWSOME!!! But it doesnt surprise me that you have gone quicker and I have no doubts whatsoever that you will go quicker still! I am absolutely gutted that you beat my time :lol: but im more gutted that my little pushrod is coming out, because like yourself, I wasnt all out of ideas and I am pretty sure that the mods I had up my sleeve would have made a difference!

 

Keep going mate, Low 12's?????

 

:thumbsup::ykt:

 

Suprised me! I thought there was a bit more in it but...!

 

I am a bit sad your pushrod is coming out.

 

 

 

 

 

NOT! :lol:

 

I will keep going if I can. Low 12's? Next stop low 12.6!

 

0.05 at a time!!

 

Good luck with the Pinto power mate :thumbsup: I have heard they can go quite well!! 11.48 target! I have every faith :ykt:

Posted

Who knows mate!

 

Put it this way, the engine that is going in my escy will be my dads engine so the 1st person to stump up the money when it is in and i have done some runs, will buy it!!!

 

I now have the tough decision of what I will do engine wise when my pushrod is sold! Who knows, I might even build another pushrod :lol: mine felt quick enough on the road with 169horses, hate to think what it will be like with over 200!!!! SCARY!!!!

 

So stop moving the f-ing goal posts just incase I decide to make a come back!!! :mrgreen:

Posted

James is anyone interested in your X-Flow yet then ? It would be great in a Anglia :thumbsup:

Posted
Well Toby, what can I say! THAT IS TRUELY AWSOME!!! But it doesnt surprise me that you have gone quicker and I have no doubts whatsoever that you will go quicker still! I am absolutely gutted that you beat my time :lol: but im more gutted that my little pushrod is coming out, because like yourself, I wasnt all out of ideas and I am pretty sure that the mods I had up my sleeve would have made a difference!

 

Keep going mate, Low 12's?????

 

:thumbsup::ykt:

 

Suprised me! I thought there was a bit more in it but...!

 

I am a bit sad your pushrod is coming out.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

NOT! :lol:

 

I will keep going if I can. Low 12's? Next stop low 12.6!

 

0.05 at a time!!

 

Good luck with the Pinto power mate :thumbsup: I have heard they can go quite well!! 11.48 target! I have every faith :ykt:

 

is 11.48 the target then? who has set that?

 

simon

Posted

Bob Wiggins , Andy Harris and Jayson Elvy are the Daddies at present . I think Jayson and Andy have both ran 11.5's without gas or turbos and bob will be up there soon :thumbsup:

Posted
Who knows mate!

 

Put it this way, the engine that is going in my escy will be my dads engine so the 1st person to stump up the money when it is in and i have done some runs, will buy it!!!

 

I now have the tough decision of what I will do engine wise when my pushrod is sold! Who knows, I might even build another pushrod :lol: mine felt quick enough on the road with 169horses, hate to think what it will be like with over 200!!!! SCARY!!!!

 

So stop moving the f-ing goal posts just incase I decide to make a come back!!! :mrgreen:

 

I recon once you've had a pinto in the 11's there'll be no going back. :mrgreen:

 

When I told me mum I had gone faster she said surely you can't keep going faster. But she's a nurse so what does she know about drag racing?? :lol::lol:

 

She MIGHT be right though! There probably will be an end to progress - short of loosing weight or building a purpose built car, which is a possibility but wow do they take some building now they're 40 years old :ykt:

 

I have got another head on the go though! :thumbsup:

 

With regard to Andy I recon he needs to look out! :ykt: Is he on gas next season?

Posted

Toby what's the fastest you've gone at the Pod on street rubber then ? :thumbsup:

Posted

13.35 on Streets (Yoko 048's), but I had a broken inlet valve spring. Also I have done some other mods since then, ie finished and fitted my home made gearbox.

 

I wanted to try again, whole car, exhaust and everything, just for reference but James focussed my attention on ultimate performance times. :ykt:

 

Maybe next year.

 

Depends on the queue a bit too :lol:

 

Are you going to be on real street tyres then? Bring it on! :lol:

Posted

13.3 nice one Toby :thumbsup: , it would be ace to see what she can do now with all the bits on and proper road tyres . I'll definatly be going up on normal cheap 175/50/13 A539 yoko street rubber , no bits missing , no trailer , no burnout and straight off the street :ykt::ykt::ykt:

Posted

It ran a 13.7 on a long first, road diff, exhaust and road tyres.

 

There's 3 reasons for my trailer (A frame)

 

1 Low diff - like my hearing :lol:

2 Engine expensive so I would rather wear it out thrashing it around the local roads than at 6K on the motorway :ykt:

3 It doesn't do mega cams any favours sitting in traffic, it's not fair on the lobes.

 

The advantage of 16 valves is that you have smaller valves therefore smaller valve springs to control them this puts less force on the lobes so you should be fine on your cruise back form the Pod! :thumbsup:

Posted

Yes as mines a proper street car and not a drag car it can go on all kinds of journeys which is nice !!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Posted
Yes as mines a proper street car and not a drag car it can go on all kinds of journeys which is nice !!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
we all have to start someware gaz :lol: the trailer or A frame will come in time i suspect :wink:
Posted

Yes as mines a proper street car and not a drag car it can go on all kinds of journeys which is nice !!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
we all have to start someware gaz :lol: the trailer or A frame will come in time i suspect :wink:
Fooooook all that trailering malarky mate . I love waving at the trailer queens as i blast past on the street with my heater on !!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: P.S. you could always just leave them up the pod to save dragging them back + forth :lol::lol::lol:
Posted

Now on a serious note :oops: . Why can't the quick oldskoolfords drive on the motorway then ? You can drive as slow as you like within reason or even fit 17 inch wheels on the back to raise the gearing up !!!!!!!! :shock: . You can easy cruise at 70 mph with a 4:1 diff , 5 speed box and 175/50/13's so what the fooooooook are you lot using for a diff ratio then ? I've seen all the quick ones are into 4th gear by the 1/8th mile and then are struggling to reach the end at 8000 revs at around 100 mph . Are you all doing 4000 revs in top gear at 50 mph then ? If so then no wonder you don't drive them anywhere !!!!!!! :sad:

Posted
Now on a serious note :oops: . Why can't the quick oldskoolfords drive on the motorway then ? You can drive as slow as you like within reason or even fit 17 inch wheels on the back to raise the gearing up !!!!!!!! :shock: . You can easy cruise at 70 mph with a 4:1 diff , 5 speed box and 175/50/13's so what the fooooooook are you lot using for a diff ratio then ? I've seen all the quick ones are into 4th gear by the 1/8th mile and then are struggling to reach the end at 8000 revs at around 100 mph . Are you all doing 4000 revs in top gear at 50 mph then ? If so then no wonder you don't drive them anywhere !!!!!!! :sad:

 

I think you will find thats only true for the aspirated motors gazza,the really

 

quick drag osf's(turbo'd) like kev and gary warns,terry davis,mick rodgers

 

etc all get driven on the road :wink:

 

puddy :ykt:

Posted

Yes mate , i know the turbo posse can all go 140+ mph so they will drive them on the motorway . Surely you could gear a non-turbo car to do 100-110 mph flat out in 4th and then have 5th gear left which you can use on the motorway without reving the engine to death ?

Posted

You're both right :thumbsup:

 

Gaz being serious!! :shock:

 

I used to drive to Pod, but.....

 

The diff in mine is crap for the motorway - TBH it's a bit sh!t for local driving. :lol: With a 40 + year old car on the best part of (give me some licence here) original running gear, designed before the days of motorways, travelling 100 miles is not pleasant! :sad:

 

I have never had a 5 speed but I would assume it's a bit slower accross the gate into 3rd, so this was out the window in my mind for dragging, although I see a few running those now.

 

It's all a compromise - you could even loose some originality and fit a "modern" cosy engine! :wink:

 

When I have finished racing myself I will stick my Rally first gear, quaiffe box and a 4.11 diff back in it. It makes for an infinately nicer drive!! :ykt:

 

However I still dont think I would go back to driving it to Pod for the reasons given in my previous post. :thumbsup:

Posted

when you get in the real world gaz you will see that a trailers much easier then waiting for the AA or RAC if something goes tits up a long way from home. i drove my car to pod and others for many years but as the car got quicker things could start breaking so came the trailer. remember as i have cossy cranks are sh-t so one missed gear up the rev range could mean [i WISHED I HAD A TRAILER] but i say each to there own drive it or trailer it who cares as long as we have some fun and get ware ever and back safe. does it realy matter how we come and go :thumbsup:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...