Toby Posted November 12, 2007 Report Posted November 12, 2007 What Wayne said! Thought of another reason too. If I A frame the car I can take a van full of tools, spares, slicks etc. And this is true!!
RUSTYPUP Posted November 12, 2007 Report Posted November 12, 2007 I reckon it mainly depends on how fast do you want to go. I've got no problems with trailers if peoples cars are running the numbers. Getting mine home if it breaks might be less of a problem than getting to work the next week with no car.
V8ian Posted November 12, 2007 Report Posted November 12, 2007 The age old debate will go on and on,I guess this has turned into a Trailer Queen debate, its being going on with "show" cars in the states for years, you have to define in that case is a car a thing to be driven or is it a work of art with far too much money and time invested in it to make it pratical to drive At the end of the day its down to personal preferance, Being objective, I can fully understand why Toby trailers his car, and many other people do the same, and for very good reasons, I can see Gaz's reasoning about being driven to and from wherever you race, It must also be a personal descision on behalf of the owner of the car as to where Streetcar ends and Racecar begins, If braking it was just the reason I may well be tempted to get my towing frame out and use it again, give myself more engine and risk the breakages, Bit, I like the bragging rites of saying, I drove it there, raced it, ran mid 12 and drove it home again, and I think this is where Gaz is coming from??, but then again Toby has got some good bragging rites for his performance, and running close to my PBs in a little ole Pre X Flow is astounding but by his own admision, its impractical to drive on the street in its current form. I too am a bit of a Must be "driven to and from" person, but that is my preferance, and have had to sit waiting for the recovery man more than once, but as they say, Thats Life,
Guest MK1gaz Posted November 12, 2007 Report Posted November 12, 2007 Nice words V8ian . Sorry , i wasn't having a dig at Wayne or Toby for dragging their motors about instead of driving them i was only asking why they did it ? So race cars are crap to drive , they don't like traffic , or going over 70 mph for 45 mins . Glad i've not got one then !!!!!!!!!!
Posse Posted November 12, 2007 Report Posted November 12, 2007 Stanford hall and back in mine gaz sitting on the m1 at about 80mph no probs
Guest MK1gaz Posted November 12, 2007 Report Posted November 12, 2007 Stanford hall and back in mine gaz sitting on the m1 at about 80mph no probs well done fella , that's the way to do it
Toby Posted November 12, 2007 Report Posted November 12, 2007 Nice words V8ian . Sorry , i wasn't having a dig at Wayne or Toby for dragging their motors about instead of driving them i was only asking why they did it ? So race cars are crap to drive , they don't like traffic , or going over 70 mph for 45 mins . Glad i've not got one then !!!!!!!!!! Not offended Gaz - you couldn't if you tried but you are being a little unfair. I set the car up for the "numbers" on a Friday night for example, 2 hours tops to change the diff and then race the clock on the weekend. I could tell you all the gear ratio's I have ever tried but then you'd know as much as me . I am a lover of driving my old banger on the road, irritating Sub's etc but given the M1, I would rather sit in the van, not worrying about, temps, pressures etc listening to Horlix FM! Race cars are certainly not crap to drive as you well know! They put the biggest smile on your face but not in rush hour! I sometimes question to myself why people bother having Porches and Ferrari's with Englands ever increasing driving population. Best time to go out in the classic race car is 11pm! Posse be honest was it a pleasant journey? - I SAID WAS IT A PLEASANT JOURNEY?
w p e Posted November 12, 2007 Report Posted November 12, 2007 excuse me mr gaz i dont drag my car around i TOW it on my brian james A series 4 wheeld galvernized trailer it only gets draged up the strip or sholuld i say use to get draged up the strip. anyway no offence taken my man
Toby Posted November 12, 2007 Report Posted November 12, 2007 I reckon it mainly depends on how fast do you want to go. I've got no problems with trailers if peoples cars are running the numbers.Getting mine home if it breaks might be less of a problem than getting to work the next week with no car. Where would we be without our cars now we have evolved and absorbed our own legs
James HPE Motorsport Posted November 12, 2007 Report Posted November 12, 2007 I tow my car to pod for 3 reasons: 1: Putting spares in the boot scratches the paint 2: It cost me 80quid in fuel to do the London to Brighton run and I can do Home to Pod and back on 20quid in the van 3: I dont like sitting on the hard shoulder 1: On the way there when I could be racing 2: On the way home when I could be sat in front of the tele Plus I have a van and a-frame sat there so surely I would be stupid to drive the escy when It would cost me a shit load more in fuel! I love driving her on the road even in its race state (less the slicks of course) The lumpyness of the cam and the flat spot from the 48's isnt great but to be honest if I wanted something that was smooth as silk, I would have bought a new car!!! Each to their own I say!!!
Guest MK1gaz Posted November 12, 2007 Report Posted November 12, 2007 As i said earier i wasn't having a dig , i was only asking . Perhaps the trailer queens out there should show some respect to all the proper street cars that drive to the Pod , race and then drive back again . Just imagine how fast the Naturally aspirated 13 second road cars would be with slicks , gas , all the bits missing and a 5:1 diff !!!!!!!!!
James HPE Motorsport Posted November 12, 2007 Report Posted November 12, 2007 As i said earier i wasn't having a dig , i was only asking . Perhaps the trailer queens out there should show some respect to all the proper street cars that drive to the Pod , race and then drive back again . Just imagine how fast the Naturally aspirated 13 second road cars would be with slicks , gas , all the bits missing and a 5:1 diff !!!!!!!!! so when are you getting a road legal car that does 13's gaz
Toby Posted November 12, 2007 Report Posted November 12, 2007 James Point 3 LOL! Gaz - bring it on I'll even drive it there.
Guest MK1gaz Posted November 12, 2007 Report Posted November 12, 2007 As i said earier i wasn't having a dig , i was only asking . Perhaps the trailer queens out there should show some respect to all the proper street cars that drive to the Pod , race and then drive back again . Just imagine how fast the Naturally aspirated 13 second road cars would be with slicks , gas , all the bits missing and a 5:1 diff !!!!!!!!! so when are you getting a road legal car that does 13's gaz
w p e Posted November 12, 2007 Report Posted November 12, 2007 come on gaz show me a post where the so called trailer queens have disrepected the people who do drive there cars to a meet. prehaps they cant afford a trailer or A frame thats enough from me on this.
Guest MK1gaz Posted November 12, 2007 Report Posted November 12, 2007 Sorry Wayne i didn't mean they had shown no respect , i meant that if a full weight , road rubber equipt oldskoolford can run in the 13's straight off the street then it's an achievement . Normally though a car like this just gets compared to the lightweight race ones on slicks
James HPE Motorsport Posted November 12, 2007 Report Posted November 12, 2007 Sorry Wayne i didn't mean they had shown no respect , i meant that if a full weight , road rubber equipt oldskoolford can run in the 13's straight off the street then it's an achievement . Normally though a car like this just gets compared to the race ones on slicks How much would you give me if I ran an 11 next year on street rubber with the exhaust on and the bonnet with NO GAS???
w p e Posted November 12, 2007 Report Posted November 12, 2007 i know what your saying mine use to run 13.3 on road tyres and 13.0 on slicks only £10 each mind so its well driveable on the street. some or all will tell you mine drives like a standard road car in traffic {OR DID }but then it got blury when on the noise FOOT DOWN ARSE OUT. any way long live the trailer queens
Guest MK1gaz Posted November 12, 2007 Report Posted November 12, 2007 Sorry Wayne i didn't mean they had shown no respect , i meant that if a full weight , road rubber equipt oldskoolford can run in the 13's straight off the street then it's an achievement . Normally though a car like this just gets compared to the race ones on slicks How much would you give me if I ran an 11 next year on street rubber with the exhaust on and the bonnet with NO GAS??? I'd buy you a beer and get you to take me out for a spin !!!!!!!
Mk 1 Mark Posted November 12, 2007 Report Posted November 12, 2007 Sorry Wayne i didn't mean they had shown no respect , i meant that if a full weight , road rubber equipt oldskoolford can run in the 13's straight off the street then it's an achievement . Normally though a car like this just gets compared to the race ones on slicks How much would you give me if I ran an 11 next year on street rubber with the exhaust on and the bonnet with NO GAS??? I'd buy you a beer and get you to take me out for a spin !!!!!!! And Me And Me
Guest MK1gaz Posted November 12, 2007 Report Posted November 12, 2007 anyway long live the trailer queens I can't afford one of those nice trailers but i can get spare halfshafts in the boot with my shopping .
DarrenM Posted November 12, 2007 Report Posted November 12, 2007 Sorry Wayne i didn't mean they had shown no respect , i meant that if a full weight , road rubber equipt oldskoolford can run in the 13's straight off the street then it's an achievement . Normally though a car like this just gets compared to the lightweight race ones on slicks My Full weight, road rubber equipped oldskoolford (with a 3.09 diff and 225/50/15's and NO burnout) ran 12's straight off the street and we cruised home at 95 MPH @ 2500 revs!
Guest MK1gaz Posted November 12, 2007 Report Posted November 12, 2007 Sorry Wayne i didn't mean they had shown no respect , i meant that if a full weight , road rubber equipt oldskoolford can run in the 13's straight off the street then it's an achievement . Normally though a car like this just gets compared to the lightweight race ones on slicks My Full weight, road rubber equipped oldskoolford (with a 3.09 diff and 225/50/15's and NO burnout) ran 12's straight off the street and we cruised home at 95 MPH @ 2500 revs! Any gas though ?
Guest MK1gaz Posted November 12, 2007 Report Posted November 12, 2007 No! Top man Darran , not bad for 6 litres
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now