• 4 weeks later...

Cheers for all the praise guys! makes all the hard work worth it.

There are a few nice cortys over here. Not all have the same extent of work and modification as mine but there is one or two others i know of.

This car is almost finished now after many years of work and will be enjoyed on the road and where she belongs.the track!

If you think this car is something.............. all i can say is look out!!!!

I have a 2 door that im starting slowly to rebuild. It will take modified cortinas to a whole new level!

I will eventualy transfer all the hardware from the blue car to my 2 door. The blue car will be toned down alittle and be driven almost daily.

The 2 door will have a full cage major chassis work and floorpan mods like i have done to this one.

It will be a good 100kg lighter and prob make another 100hp ontop of what i have now.

my 2 door will make my blue car look stock!

Well i bought this the last year. I have been after a 2 door now for a few years. All the ones i have seen have either been way over priced or to far gone as far as rust goes for my liking.

I paid $1300 australian .....about 500 pounds for this car with some of the work already done. I will rub most of it back to see how well it has been done but i was told it is all steel. I took the old fridgemagnet with me too and it stuck EVERYWHERE!

I could also see on the back of the Panels where it had been welded ....... so i was pretty happy

There was too much repaired either. Just a little bit on the passengers side front quater.

I have recently been over the car and all the repairs are top notch and require minimal work by me to bring up to scratch.

This thing is in very good nick and the under side looks better than my 4 door ! which is super good. I seriously can not believe the condition of this car! It is seriously the BEST original chassis i have ever seen!

As mentioned above This car will be a full on build. It will have major chassis work ,cage and the same rear end setup (6 link) as my 4 door.

Ill prob go with a fibreglass bonnet and boot too.

The car is going to be black and will use the same gold supelites i have now. Infact most of the good stuff ....brakes /suspension motor exhausts etc will be transfered to the 2 door. I am by NO MEANS about to ruin my 4 door to supply the new car ..... let this be known but will use alot of the suff from it and replace what is taken with some off my old stuff i have laying about. ( note most people would kill to have some of the parts i have spare )

158628508omu1.jpg

158628596oep8.jpg

158628666ofx7.jpg

158628753oud0.jpg

158629023oke8.jpg

The only down side to this car is there is a few dents in the roof .... again nothing too bad ( my 4 door was worse when i bought that ) the rear boot seal channel is rusted out and will need to be replaced ( you can see it in the pics)

158629116ocp3.jpg

And lastly the drivers side rear well in the boot is rusted. That is pretty std for a cortina and straight forward for me to cut out and weld a new one in. The spare wheel well is suprisingly perfect ! which is a bonus.

The hardest thing to fix will prob be the boot seal channel but still i dont think it is major surgery. Best bit is all the quaters are spot on and wont require any work which i would consider a bit of a job. I mean its not so hard to cut the rust out of a quater Panel but to weld a new section in without warping the Panel can be tricky..... so im lucky i dont have to do that.

You can see some of the rust here.....

158629929oth2.jpg

It is hard to see from this pic but the shot of the boot seal channel is prob the worst of the rust in the car. I should beable to cut this and weld in a new section fairly easy.

The car is a 67 model 220 and is actually compete. It comes with the motor / gearbox a 1300cc non crossflow.

It has all the door trims ,wipers, seats etc.

I will be selling the engine and gearbox along with other various bits. Ill put some of the stuff in the classifides section but if anyone needs stuff send us a pm and ill let you know if i have it spare.

I am in South Australia but will be happy to post any thing over if it is needed.

• 1 month later...

Well.

Finished making a few things like the brackets for the coilvers to mount too so i can adjust ride height by just unbolting the shock and raising or lowering it on the diff.

Had my custom rear swaybar made and finished making my little D bush brackets out of alloy (i wanted fancy ones :rolleyes: ) i have since welded the little adjustment brackets to the chassis. There basicly there so i have some adjustment of the rear bars stiffness.

apart from the exhaust......im actually finally finished with the rear end!! Its taken its time..I know. But im building a house and have had other more important stuff going on.

As for the exhaust. I may run a under diff setup as the car is just so low now that i can prob go under the diff quite easy. this way i can free up another 20mm of travel :o

All i have to do now is paint/powder coat shit and assemble. Wonder how long this will take me :confused:

p2301091149bg1.jpg

p2301091150nq0.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

now that is one awesome mk2 corty mate! what state are you in? im in qld with a mk1 with sr20det.. would love to see yours if your local!

only thing i can say i dislike is the cannon! they just dont belong on osf!

now that is one awesome mk2 corty mate! what state are you in? im in qld with a mk1 with sr20det.. would love to see yours if your local!

only thing i can say i dislike is the cannon! they just dont belong on osf!

Im in SA mate. i like the cannon. it gives some clue to the jap motor inside.

I have since moved it up further under the car so it is slightly more hidden.

Finished my rear coilovers. I had to remove the rubber bush at the bottom of the shock and machine up a bush which i pressed into the shock. I them could fit the spherical bearing into the shock.i didn't want and rubber what so ever in the rear end setup.

I also obviously painted the rear shocks to match the rest of the red poo poo in the car.

I also made custom strut tops for the rear towers. I machined the tops to suit a spherical bearing in here too. I did this because the rear end is now so solid that when the diff tilts on a sharp angle there would be no give in the shock shaft and it would prob snap. The shperical bearing top allows for tilting of the rear strut.

This is what the strut started like

10112008169.jpg

p160309202501.jpg

The strut top i made. i drilled the shock tower to suit the new stud pattern.

p160309205601.jpg

p160309202702.jpg

Im told my diff will be finished its dummy setup soon so i will beable to blast it and then powder coat it and reassemble!!

Its all not too far away now!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...