ZetecVan 2.0 Posted May 29, 2009 Report Posted May 29, 2009 While working on the van last night fixing little problems, I've managed to break something, but I don't know what. The van keeps cutting out. I reckon it's electrical. I've spent a few hours trying to find the problem, but it's got dark. I'm gonna be up early tomorrow trying to sort it. If I don't I'll be coming down in a Golf Diesel or a passenger in a Mk2 Escort.
MightySprocket Posted May 29, 2009 Report Posted May 29, 2009 good luck mike were paddling the same shitty boat
Doc Posted May 29, 2009 Report Posted May 29, 2009 good luck fixing it, if not by golf is better than not going
ZetecVan 2.0 Posted May 30, 2009 Author Report Posted May 30, 2009 Well, I woke up at 5.30 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep so I went out. I've replaced a bit of wire from the fusebox to the coil pack, and been for a spin, and it seems to be running ok now. Although for some reason my clutch is slipping now like Todd Carty on ice. It's ok if I don't floor it though Gonna get some breakfast, get some petrol and drive around for an hour and see if it breaks down.
Messenjah Posted May 30, 2009 Report Posted May 30, 2009 well get out there and adjust the clutch cable then mike see you later for a barbie
ZetecVan 2.0 Posted May 30, 2009 Author Report Posted May 30, 2009 well get out there and adjust the clutch cable then mike It's hydraulic. I'm just finishing my coffee then I'm back out to have a look.
DEP Posted May 30, 2009 Report Posted May 30, 2009 Phew!!!!!!! Glad its sorted Mike, people are starting to drop like flies
Admin Vista Posted May 30, 2009 Admin Report Posted May 30, 2009 Best of luck Mike I had a similar moment with mine yesterday, ran fine on Tuesday but yesterday would only run on three! Cleaned the plugs up and all was good though. Perhaps I shouldn't pump the throttle so many times before starting.
ZetecVan 2.0 Posted May 30, 2009 Author Report Posted May 30, 2009 Cheers guys Filled up, been for a five mile drive and it's been fine. Yesterday I struggled to get off our road before it cut out. Bit annoyed about the slipping clutch as I wanted to do RWYB today. I'll be taking it easy on the way down. The Mk1 Tranny can't do much over 55!
Trevmk3 Posted May 30, 2009 Report Posted May 30, 2009 nice one Mike, hope to see you and the van at Trowell
Anglia68 Posted May 30, 2009 Report Posted May 30, 2009 Sorry to hear your troubles Mike and good luck with the slipping clutch,what a barsteward. As a favour I'll take it off your hands for a grand,you can drop it off on your way past if you like,ease all yoour worries.
Posse Posted May 30, 2009 Report Posted May 30, 2009 gutted mike i have gorege micheal in you that you will be there.
ZetecVan 2.0 Posted May 30, 2009 Author Report Posted May 30, 2009 I'm setting off now. Wish me luck. Pete, have a drive down the M1. If you find it abandoned on the hard shoulder, you can keep it....
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now