Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Admin
Posted
Ok, I've read it again and I still see the same.

 

all you;ve wrote is what the muppets have said and you must beleive it.

 

What other interpretation would you give to the above than I'm incapable of forming my own opinion, and the thinly veiled suggestion that I also am a muppet by association for believing it?

 

if you can't see it.where doe's it say YOUR a muppet?. you can form your own opinion like the rest of us but some seem to read in to things and and twist it around. SO where did i call you in person a muppet? beacuse i can't see it anywhere or is it because i never wore a uniform?. again my opinion. uniforms don't help anyone learn any different to non umnform

wearers. and if people don't like my opinion tuff the same as i might not theres. individuality what i said at the start

 

Editing your posts two days after making them to alter what you have said is a little too late don't you think?

 

In any case, I'm sure we've both got better things to do with our time than continue this debate so I'll let it rest at that.

Posted

How appropriate that we are talking about school .........democracy which is just about all we have left in this country, is about people being able to have differing opinions, to be honest I am not sure that I agree with w p e but I respect his right to have that opinion. I am not sure there is a right or wrong answer to this question anyway. What bothers me more is the fact that it was felt appropriate that this slanging match should be continued on on a public forum, by someone representing admin.... :huh::sad:

Posted
What bothers me more is the fact that it was felt appropriate that this slanging match should be continued on on a public forum, by someone representing admin.... :huh::sad:

 

Admin or not, Scott has a right to defend his views Mr Caps :thumbsup:

 

For my 2 penneth, I think ALL kids should wear uniform from day 1 to end as it helps prevent 'label' bullying etc

Posted

I wore a uniform throughout primary and secondary school and although it does cut down the "uniform bullying" you could always tell the not so well off kids got bullied for not having the right shoes or carrying the right bags. We also have a local Secondary school which changes it uniform from grey to blue at year 9 which is a nightmare for the parents who can't afford to buy new uniform every year.

 

I wear a uniform 7 days a week now and I don't feel any less "individual" because of it. It's just the way it has to be for me.

Posted

w p e what the fook's up with you? Vista's entitled to his opinion and it was you that came on with the name calling and bolshyness first! We are all entitled to an opinion, if it differs from somebody else's it doesn't mean it's wrong, just different. Looks to me you are projecting your formation of opinions via the redtops on Vista, it's not the other way round.

Now, I wore a uniform, I didn't love it and my parents struggled to buy it, but at least I was in the same stuff as everybody else, and looking back I now realise that's a good thing. It's only wrong if it puts a huge strain on family finances, like having to buy new or logo'd stuff just cos the school wants it, that's not going to help poorer families.

  • Admin
Posted
What bothers me more is the fact that it was felt appropriate that this slanging match should be continued on on a public forum, by someone representing admin.... :huh::sad:

 

Admin or not, Scott has a right to defend his views Mr Caps :thumbsup:

 

For my 2 penneth, I think ALL kids should wear uniform from day 1 to end as it helps prevent 'label' bullying etc

 

Thank you Dave. I too don't see why in day to day posting on the forum, admin should be restricted as to what they can and can't say any more than any other site member.

 

In response to Mr Caps, there are forums where Admin rule the roost, won't be criticised and delete any attempts at stating opinions that don't match their own. Some may disagree but IMHO this isn't one of those forums and as I've stated in the past, all and any opinions are welcome. The key point is that it's how those opinions are presented that attracts the attention of an Admin member seeking to intervene.

Posted
What bothers me more is the fact that it was felt appropriate that this slanging match should be continued on on a public forum, by someone representing admin.... :huh::sad:

 

Admin or not, Scott has a right to defend his views Mr Caps :thumbsup:

 

For my 2 penneth, I think ALL kids should wear uniform from day 1 to end as it helps prevent 'label' bullying etc

 

Thank you Dave. I too don't see why in day to day posting on the forum, admin should be restricted as to what they can and can't say any more than any other site member.

 

In response to Mr Caps, there are forums where Admin rule the roost, won't be criticised and delete any attempts at stating opinions that don't match their own. Some may disagree but IMHO this isn't one of those forums and as I've stated in the past, all and any opinions are welcome. The key point is that it's how those opinions are presented that attracts the attention of an Admin member seeking to intervene.

 

I am just pointing out the irony, there have been two threads that have been locked or deleted by admin, for exactly the same thing as you seemed to be perpetuating here....I have no problem in you defending yourself, just wondering if it was done in the most appropriate way? Perhaps, as was suggested, by you, to another poster on another thread, PM's were the way forward? I am only thinking of what image is portrayed. As for other forums, how is this relevant? We are discussing this one and I fail to see how the manner in which another site conducts itself has any bearing on OSF? As for day to day postings by admin, if you have stuck your head above the parapet by being admin, surely you should be setting an example to the rest of us? :huh:

 

Can we all stop being grumpy now please? :mrgreen:

  • Admin
Posted
Perhaps, as was suggested, by you, to another poster on another thread, PM's were the way forward?

 

Fair do's I can't really not take my own advice can I :lol:

 

You have PM :mrgreen:

Posted

When I was one of the less well off kids at school I looked exactly the same as the better off kids because of the uniform. My relationship with them was based on my personality and individuality rather than where I came from and how much money we had.

 

It's not (in my opinion) so much to do with education, but more to do with removing social boundaries and creating a level playing field.

Posted
When I was one of the less well off kids at school I looked exactly the same as the better off kids because of the uniform. My relationship with them was based on my personality and individuality rather than where I came from and how much money we had.

 

It's not (in my opinion) so much to do with education, but more to do with removing social boundaries and creating a level playing field.

 

totally agree Phil :thumbsup:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...