stevepeanut Posted March 13, 2010 Report Posted March 13, 2010 anyone like jaguars, I fancy an 1980s xj6 as my daily, but I am not sure if I need my head examining
mk3cokebottle Posted March 13, 2010 Report Posted March 13, 2010 do it mate they are cheap, comfy and have the look everyone that looks at a jag knows it is a jag they are one of a kind and really fun to drive
PlopPlop Posted March 13, 2010 Report Posted March 13, 2010 a lot of car for little money, but running costs are a bummer
stevepeanut Posted March 13, 2010 Author Report Posted March 13, 2010 do it mate they are cheap, comfy and have the look everyone that looks at a jag knows it is a jag they are one of a kind and really fun to drive always fancied one, I like big gas guzzling beasts, I got a company van, so my daily isnt really a daily, just gets used a couple of times a week, so I can afford the big fuel bills
mk3cokebottle Posted March 13, 2010 Report Posted March 13, 2010 my next daily will be another mk2 granny or an 80's jag i just love the old luxury barges the older rollers are becoming quite sensible to buy too
PlopPlop Posted March 13, 2010 Report Posted March 13, 2010 some of my family wont drive anything else, I nearly bought one last week cos they're so cheap, but I do a lot of trips to london so need something economical (says that with a impreza on drive ) but if petrol aint a worry you wont beat the jag for the money imho
Fishtailparka Posted March 13, 2010 Report Posted March 13, 2010 Saw an old XJS today, looked proper nice and in damned good nick.
evil knievel Posted March 14, 2010 Report Posted March 14, 2010 My dad has had 2 so I have a soft spot for them, I wont be able to drive them for years though
Admin Vista Posted March 14, 2010 Admin Report Posted March 14, 2010 A friend of mine trained at Jaguar, worked there for years and now owns his own successful independent garage. Regarding older Jags from the 80's and 90's he's extremely uncomplimentary about the mechanics and engineering behind them, flatly stating that German cars of equivalent age were light years ahead in terms of technology. I remember him describing the XJS convertible as one of the worst cars ever made, he had one customer that continually had to bring it back with roof leaks, it turned out that he lived up a bumpy country road and there was so much flex in the chassis (brand new car mind) that it upset the roof seals every time he drove up it. That said, I like the new XF a lot.
v8steveie Posted March 14, 2010 Report Posted March 14, 2010 I run a 2001 s type 4.0 v8 lovely drive and no rust anywhere, also its been converted to gas so average 20 mpg on petrol = 40 mpg pound for pound on gas
mk3cokebottle Posted March 14, 2010 Report Posted March 14, 2010 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/off-white-3-2-jag ... 4a9f5a6c4f
sampedlar06 Posted March 14, 2010 Report Posted March 14, 2010 yeah they are cool! my uncle races them now thats alot of fun i would love a xj6 they are sexy!!!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now