Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Basically my friend wants to buy a car off of gumtree the add said that its based in south London. Anyway he got an email today saying that its based in Newcastle now :shock: So he asked for a contact number then got this.

 

I'm working now so i can't be contacted by phone.

The van is located in Newcastle.

If you are interested to buy it now, I would like to do this transaction through eBay in order to have a safe transaction for both of us.

To start the transaction please reply me with your full name, shipping address and your eBay ID.

As soon as I have them, I'll start the official procedure and eBay will notify you about this. eBay will send you a invoice with all the info you will need to complete the transaction.

I'll handle the shipping to your location, so this will be free of charge for you.

A refund policy of 5 days will be included.

In case the van will not be as i described it and you don't want to keep it, you can refuse it and ask for a total refund.

Payment method and all the details will be set up by eBay for security reasons.

They will contact you to confirm the transaction by email.

You'll get the van in maximum 3 days.

I'll be waiting for your reply soon.

Posted

Too right that sounds like a scam. I'd tell your mate to keep well away, unless he gets the van first. Scammers are getting craftier and craftier these days :evil: B@stards

Posted

Its not just cars either my family in law, have been looking for a new dog, and they are trying the same scam, saying send the money up front (sometimes a few hundred quid) and they will send you the dog by courier :shock:

Posted

Well i emailed him and told him to put it on ebay as a buy it now this is what i got lol.

 

I will not relist because the winner bidder not was a genuine buyer. If you are interested to buy the van through eBay, send me the details i've request and in a short time eBay will send you a invoice in order to complete the transaction.

Posted

you could always say you can have cash on collection, I'm sure there's someone on here that can go and either check out the vehicle or just knee cap him.

Posted

Oh yes, scam.

 

You said it was a car, the reply mentions van (was this a typo on your account?)

 

It's for sale on Gumtree, but the seller wants to use ebay for the transaction. WTF?

 

It won't be listed on ebay, yet ebay will send an invoice. Er, how?

 

Why would anybody pay for something they haven't even seen?

Posted

Obv a sacm, no-one (except Nigerian princes) actually talk like that, although the command of english is pretty low on here it still stands out as a load of bollox :lol:

Posted

Im playing with him now i told him that im not happy about doing it this way and i got this now.

 

We can do also half now and half after receiving the van.

 

Please let me know.

 

Cheers

Posted
Get the address in Newcastle and tell him I'll come and have a look with cash. :thumbsup: See how they worm out of that one.

 

I forgot that you live up that neck of the woods Gareth ill drop an email to them :thumbsup:

Posted
Out of sight out of mind, I understand. :sad:

 

lol your always on my mind when i see men kissing :mrgreen:

 

Ive just emailed him so lets see what he comes back with .

Posted
Thanks, I'm touched. Thankfully not in that way... As a matter of interest, how often do you watch men kissing?! :shock:

 

on the vids you send me and paulmags off here :thumbsup:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...