Admin Vista Posted May 7, 2011 Admin Report Posted May 7, 2011 We here in the west country always get agricultural themes at classic / vintage car shows and a small show Deltamal and I went to today was no exception. A few miniature steam traction engines, plenty of vintage Traaacterrrs, believe it or not a collection of "Classic" chainsaws and a load of stationary engines. What really made me double take today though was this Some guy in his shed has built a scaled down fully functional replica of a Massey Ferguson 550, they normally look like this: And the bumf in case you think I'm making it up? Why? Just why?
442 Posted May 7, 2011 Report Posted May 7, 2011 Perhaps he got a smaller field than the other farmers strange man!
4DOOR-SHERWOOD Posted May 8, 2011 Report Posted May 8, 2011 I would love that lol!! Talented fella tho!
Admin Vista Posted May 8, 2011 Author Admin Report Posted May 8, 2011 They did a tractor trip around the show ring and when it drove past I thought it was a genuine Massey Ferguson tractor. Perhaps a garden mower type thing. It wasn't till I saw it parked up with that sign on it that I realised it was a scale replica. As engineering goes, it really was very good. But I still don't get it .
gearbox100 Posted May 8, 2011 Report Posted May 8, 2011 Maybe it was built for son/grandson , but after 5 1/5 year build they probably out grew it before it was finished
accord83 Posted May 8, 2011 Report Posted May 8, 2011 Maybe his missus never shuts up, so 5yrs locked in the garage building that a tractor is a lesser sentence than he'd get for wringing her neck.... Got to admire his dedication though.
5hane Posted May 8, 2011 Report Posted May 8, 2011 i love looking at old tractors, proably because of the matchbox vhs i had when i was about 3, would love to put a 6.6 cummings engine running 5/6 bar boost in one
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now