oddball Posted May 31, 2012 Report Posted May 31, 2012 Kieran's last day in year 11 too! although he is going back to the same school for 6th form They have a party thing today were they dress up and have a bbq,sign shirts and say goodbye Makes you feel old when its your last 'baby' leaving school
Admin Vista Posted May 31, 2012 Admin Report Posted May 31, 2012 But you forget, i'm only 41 So am I and mine are both still in kiddy car seats! Not looking forward much to having stroppy teenagers in my mid 50's!
deltamal Posted May 31, 2012 Report Posted May 31, 2012 Kieran's last day in year 11 too!although he is going back to the same school for 6th form They have a party thing today were they dress up and have a bbq,sign shirts and say goodbye Makes you feel old when its your last 'baby' leaving school One of my 'babies' is 30 in a months time, and the other one is 40 next year!.......where did I leave me zimmer frame?
SmokeEm Posted May 31, 2012 Author Report Posted May 31, 2012 bloody hell Scott/Malcy - you left it late didn't you?? I thought i was getting on a bit at 25 when I had my daughter
Admin Vista Posted May 31, 2012 Admin Report Posted May 31, 2012 Didn't get married till I was 37 mate. I was 38 when we had our first and 40 for the second. I figure that if they follow the same trend then by the time I'm a grandparent I'll be able to dribble, wet my pants and will have the mental capacity of a goldfish! On reflection, not so different to now really then
SmokeEm Posted May 31, 2012 Author Report Posted May 31, 2012 Not marrying till 38 Scott - Now THAT explains why you have such lovely OSF's (Despite your good job, if you been all doris'd up earlier they would never have happened trust me )
Admin Vista Posted May 31, 2012 Admin Report Posted May 31, 2012 I didn't buy any of them until after I'd met her. I put it down to buying my first house at 21 almost right at the bottom of the housing market crash in 91. All my mates were out buying flash cars and fancy clothes on the never never, whilst going on the piss 4 nights a week. I was flat broke making overpayments on my mortgage...............but it paid off in the end.
Admin Vista Posted May 31, 2012 Admin Report Posted May 31, 2012 With the benefit of hindsight mate, I think I'd rather have spent my spare cash having a good time in my 20's than being careful with it and reaping the rewards now. It's all very well having these two nice OSF's but when you don't have enough spare time to use them much, it all becomes rather pointless anyway.
SmokeEm Posted May 31, 2012 Author Report Posted May 31, 2012 Thats all well n good Scott but I did the opposite to you - I blew everything in my 20's & 30's and had a great time - However - would I swap it now for some stability and 2 osf's that I don't get to use regulary - HELL YES!!!!!
Admin Vista Posted May 31, 2012 Admin Report Posted May 31, 2012 Just goes to show, the grass is always greener
willsy Posted May 31, 2012 Report Posted May 31, 2012 My daughter too Dave i was 23 when Sophie was born wouldn't change a thing, love spending time with them
fieldy1972 Posted May 31, 2012 Report Posted May 31, 2012 But you forget, i'm only 41 So am I and mine are both still in kiddy car seats! Not looking forward much to having stroppy teenagers in my mid 50's! im 40 in september and ive got an 18 month old (also a 12 year old) . ive got a stroppy teenager looming and another one in back-up in my 50's too mate. so i know where your coming from
Col-ashtonmobile Posted May 31, 2012 Report Posted May 31, 2012 my kids are 30 , 24 , 22 , just me and the wife at home now ......lovveeelllyyyyyyyyy
Andy44Boz Posted June 1, 2012 Report Posted June 1, 2012 Ha, peace and quiet Col? My son finished school this week, and has just bought his first project,not quite old skool but a mk2 fester. Means my anglebox has been kicked out of the garage apparently I'VE got 12 months to get it done for him Don't seem too long ago I had my dad in the same situation
SebringRS Posted June 1, 2012 Report Posted June 1, 2012 Been a year since I left, almost at the end on my first year at college, one more year left then I've got to get on with my life Best get saving
deltamal Posted June 1, 2012 Report Posted June 1, 2012 bloody hell Scott/Malcy - you left it late didn't you?? I thought i was getting on a bit at 25 when I had my daughter Na! i'm just getting on a bit!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now