facebook

w p e

I don't do Retards Club either but am guessing that it's pulling all the traffic away from here.

EXACTLY that ^^^^^^^^ and has this site needs constant up grades to keep it what it is i would guess with the lack of new sponsers and purple people due to f/books attraction it could harm OSF's population in a big way. just my veiw :thumbsup:

I took it over to attract people to the site W.ayne the osf Retards Club page is not that busy really is it ? the recent pics put on there were put on here first. people sell bits + bobs on there the same as here. if the BOSS tells me to shut it i will. I don't care either way i was just trying to help the site as always. :(

i dont use the osf f/book page i just look if some something pops up.

prehaps the admin could talk about letting slightly later model fords in or have a room exclusive to later fords to get more traffic on the site? i would hate to see this site go down due to some young yank taking over the internet via Retards Club! :banghead:

I don't see a problem with Retards Club, as Neil says its not even that busy compared to other pages for similar models.

It does annoy me that people have set up dedicated pages for stuff that is eligible for on here but that's down to them, having said that I have a van / estate website but that was running before I knew of osf and I think maybe even before Osf was here, not done much with it as most stuff is on here anyway.

I moderate an electrics forum and that has gone dead this year, I just think its down to everyone having no money and generally feeling down in the dumps, hobbies are always going to suffer 1st in there instances.

As Neil said I'd have thought the fb page would attract others to the main site, as they get a glimpse of what's in here, Turbosport is busier but they cater for any make model & year so it's bound to be having said that the live chat room is really quiet on there at present and most don't seem to have cash to do anything to their projects, loads for sale also.

Thanks Savvi + steveL that is how i feel the general feeling out + about it people have no money, some have no jobs + the feel good factor in the whole country is low. to say its down to faceshite is a bit strong i think but as i said if Darren wants it gone then its ok by me.

:roll:

easy solution to get the ratings ups is to bring back mk1 gaz.

theres 168 guests browsing 222 members online and hardley no new post so

we need something

Bloody hell,someone's hacked Waynes account ,mk1gaz back !

puddy :lol:

i didnt hack it this time...... :mrgreen:

i was talking to Wayne bout this on Saturday, along with another prominent member on here who ill let him add his own views, some people would say its a crazy suggestion, however no one can deny it caused good banter, heated debate and new threads and in such created spin off threads etc, which has been lacking on here of late :roll:

Now i know it was nearly always the same debate, pintos, DD rolling roads and how crap anything other then Pinto derived engines were etc, and if you go on his forum now its the same to a degree, however if you look at the thread numbers and the pages of talk, and the number of people that get involved in the banter and arguements it creates, it makes for good reading, i know some people are a bit "sensitve" and get easily offended by some of the stuff said, but its the internet not the spanish inquistion. Also theres fair few members from here that are registed on The Rejects Club, and get involved with the banter, so cant be to bad :shock:

id like to add, i dont know Gaz, never met him but i do enjoy the banter etc he comes out with, and as i understand it hes a nice fella in person with a genuine love for OSFs much like all of us.

As for the Facepage thing, i think what wayne was saying is somewhat true, also what Savvi mentioned all the other "old ford related" pages on FB rings true, im a member of most of them, but i always still come on this forum and the others i use, but theres never much going on of late on here, just my pennys worth :thumbsup:

i must say this site is extremely quiet these days compared to what it used to be like, u dont even see much of the admin or the top dogs on here either, i dont think u can blame Retards Club for it alone, i post on both because sometimes its quicker and easier to post on there, not because i prefer it, such a shame this site used to have some great banter from loads of different people, and there obviously is still a massive following for osf as u can see by the amount of cars/people that turn up for meets and shows etc, really dont get it :sad:

I think its Retards Club in general maybe people can have all there banter on there and stuff ? Also lots of people haven’t got a pot to piss in so are not in the mood for forums? Maybe the site has gone past its sell by date ?

i agree with the fiscal aspect u mention, this is quite obvious with the increased number of cars and parts for sale, and lack of new projects etc in the resto section. Also with it being "summer" and i use that word very broadly as its been shit weather as usual, people are busy with familys, holidays and shows/events and as such are not at home on the net.

Secondly Retards Club is a one stop shot as it were, you can catch up on your hobbies ie OSFs, your friends, family blah blah blah, plus its easy availibilty on smart phones, how ever apps such as Tapatalk make forum browsing a doddle on phones, i use it all the time.

And Darren no i dont think OSF has had its day, its just like most hobbies in the UK at the moment, its slowed up in line with the current Economic climate, im sure it will pick up again, and you have a PM. :thumbsup:

i think money and finances do have a lot to do with it. The price of osf and parts etc have rocketed up over the last few years that people can't afford them so they are going for the later stuff. Theres another generation now they see the osf as ancient. The site hasn't had its day like its been said it does go quieter in the summer due to holidays etc. :thumbsup:

all this mention of people having no money and the economy causing

people to stay of forums? if your skint your in doors on the net nowdays because its taken over the world along with the f/book. yes i go on there no i dont go on the osf page and post i do that on here i have a group on there but dont go on it often. the real truth if Retards Club is killing most forums because theres all the forums in one on there no need to log in here and out there its all in house. whatever the out come at least theres a debate at last :beer: