Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Just realised that there was an OSF meet at Boxhill today just totally forgot , must be an age thing , so how did it go ? was there a good turnout ? , been to quite a few but just forgot today , any pics ........... :dope:

Posted

I was there for an hour or so, not many in attendance, but then it wasn't osf organised, it was organised on Retards Club. it was nice to get the Anglia out but it wasn't busy..

  • Like 1
Posted

Sorry to hear that its always been packed when ive been with the car park full by about half 10 , i thought it was an OSF meet , i dont go on Faceache i just found out about it on here ....

Posted

If there were more than 1 OSF in attendance it can hardly be described as 'Rubbish' can it?

 

As I understand it, over a dozen OSF turned up for a cuppa which in late Sept is not bad at all.

 

As already stated, it was not an official OSF meet but was instead sorted by Kieran on Retards Club. (And I hope it continues)

 

 

Mr Streak - Your choice of words is what is 'Rubbish' and not for the 1st time either IMO

  • Like 5
Posted

It is good that this meet is still happening even though it's been hanging in the balance for one reason or another...!

 

I really wanted to come along but I was busy all weekend and couldn't make it which was very unfortunate.

 

Let's hope there are many more Boxhill meets whatever the attendance may be...

  • Like 1
Posted

I went stayed a couple of hours but there wasnt many cars there ,still got the old girl a run out .

Still amazes me how some you drive  ,a number of people commented on the cars leaving ,its only a matter of time before something nasty happens .

  • Like 2
  • Admin
Posted

 

Still amazes me how some you drive  ,a number of people commented on the cars leaving ,its only a matter of time before something nasty happens .

 

That is precisely why there's no regular co-ordinated meet there anymore. We and John are getting grief about it from the Police for his meet at the Jolly Farmers and Darren (Posse) had visits from the Police about it re Boxhill. None of us need that in our lives.

Posted

it was rubbish hardly anyone there :dope:

 

You organise your own meet there then and let's see how well attended that is, some people contacted me to say they couldn't make it because the traffic on the M25 was so bad they just turned back home.

 

We had 21 cars turn up it isn't as busy as it has been nor is it 'rubbish' it's something to do on a Saturday morning that the weather didn't look up to much and it allowed us to get together and chat before winter arrives. 

 

The meet last month I organised had 60+ cars turn up as it was much nicer weather 

  • Like 3
Posted

Are there not too many meets now ? as they seem to get fragmented by different factions of clubs ?

 

Or are they just a boxhill tea n toasty get together. whereas Jolly Farmers is a meet (organised do)

 

Keep the big shows going, old fords never die .

Posted

As an organiser of my own local meet (the Walton Bridge Breakfast Club) I'm more than happy if I get half a dozen cars to turn up...!

 

It's not always about constant quantity as every meet varies depending on other people's commitments, weather conditions and a myriad of other things...  It's all about keeping it going no matter what the turnout is!

 

With regards to how people drive at these (and other) meets that really cannot be controlled unless these meets are officially marshalled, which just isn't possible at  these enthusiast run 'gatherings'...  I think that people need to think really long and hard about what consequences their actions may have in both the short term and the long term for them and the others that are coming down to these meets...  It's all a matter of respect!

 

Anyhow, I hate to sound like I'm preaching as I'm sure we're all guilty of doing a few silly things in our cars over the years?!  I just don't want meets like this to end because of other people's lack of consideration...

 

Keep on keeping on folks...!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...