GJUK Posted March 5, 2016 Report Posted March 5, 2016 Why are they so crap? Every time I call them you get someone that has just fallen out of bed. I bought a part from them, they sent the wrong part, they gave me vouchers for a future buy. That day has arrived, I can used the vouchers online so I phone them. To use the vouchers I have the ****ing post them in !!! ARGH!
HotRodMatt Posted March 5, 2016 Report Posted March 5, 2016 If they sent the wrong part, they should have covered return postage and sent the correct part out. I ordered a set of mesh DCOE filters from Burtons and one of them had a fault (the mesh hanging out of the silicone) so I sent it back and I received a good one a few days later, no probs. Was a few years a go though, may be different staff now.
GJUK Posted March 5, 2016 Author Report Posted March 5, 2016 It is the posting in of the vouchers, which were posted to me which seems fully retarded. They have unique numbers on them, I assumed when I got them "oh good, I'll use these when a need a quick part". Not "Oh I'm looking forward to posting them back again". I'd have pushed for a card refund had I known. meh, rant/ 1
HotRodMatt Posted March 5, 2016 Report Posted March 5, 2016 Yeah that bit is odd. Making the customer incur costs needlessly when it is them who have made the error isn't the way to treat customers.
khanlad Posted March 5, 2016 Report Posted March 5, 2016 Agreed it's odd, but in Burtons defence I've bought loads of stuff over the years and never had any problems with them? They even gave me discount for being in the rs owners club, haven't been for years, so ssssshhhh!
mk2 mike Posted March 5, 2016 Report Posted March 5, 2016 Yeah they're awful IME. They used to think they were the doggies doo dahs years back and had a really bad attitude but now you can get all their parts from other suppliers and cheaper too. I generally steer clear unless I'm stuck for something and need it that day.
SmokeEm Posted March 5, 2016 Report Posted March 5, 2016 Rally Design are the new Burton IMHO. However, it wont be long before they are crap too. Burton USED to care. Now they r too big 4 their boots so 2 speak..
colr6 Posted March 6, 2016 Report Posted March 6, 2016 As above, had great service from R&D some clued up and helpful people there.
Moderator Rally Pack 2000 Posted March 6, 2016 Moderator Report Posted March 6, 2016 I ordered a double width kit from them for regular front bar but got the Twincam bar mounts instead. The postage costs to send them back was more than the mounts cost so I didnt bother (They certainly didnt offer to cover costs only that they would take a look). Funny thing is that I have a Twincam even but I want to keep that original so wont use them on that either. I get frustrated sometimes how much money is wasted on things that dont work properly or fit properly or arent as advertised.
GJUK Posted March 8, 2016 Author Report Posted March 8, 2016 I asked to and spoke with the MD. Who was hard to the line that they have to be posted in. However today I phone HPE about an exhaust manifold they have and they were the most helpful company I have spoken to about these old cars. I'll probably buy one from them just off the conversation... Burton however, I'll always buy elsewhere if I can.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now