Some people ...

Miniliteman

Some people (not me) do stupid things.

Bought a rare original Ford brochure for the Mk2 RS2000. When I received it in the post it had 4 perforation holes in it. When I mailed the seller that this could not be seen it the photos he put in the ad he said it is easier for me to store it in a binder. Idiot.

Sometimes you see for sale ads for headlights or rear lights where the seller has written the make and model on the glass part with a waterproof marker. Try and get that off. Another idiot.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Miniliteman said:

Some people (not me) do stupid things.

Bought a rare original Ford brochure for the Mk2 RS2000. When I received it in the post it had 4 perforation holes in it. When I mailed the seller that this could not be seen it the photos he put in the ad he said it is easier for me to store it in a binder. Idiot.

Sometimes you see for sale ads for headlights or rear lights where the seller has written the make and model on the glass part with a waterproof marker. Try and get that off. Another idiot.

If ever you need to get waterproof marker off plastic, get another waterproof marker and a cloth. Trace over the original writing with the new marker and wipe as you trace. It may need a few goes but it's a tip I used when I was teaching and some idiot used a waterproof marker on a white board.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Vista Estate said:

If ever you need to get waterproof marker off plastic, get another waterproof marker and a cloth. Trace over the original writing with the new marker and wipe as you trace. It may need a few goes but it's a tip I used when I was teaching and some idiot used a waterproof marker on a white board.

Thought you need a non-waterproof marker and a cloth for that?

2 hours ago, Miniliteman said:

Thought you need a non-waterproof marker and a cloth for that?

No, it only works with similar pens. The fresh marker solvent softens the older pen.

Used it on many plastic items before and it got me out of trouble when teaching and grabbing a flip chart marker for a whiteboard 🤣

You need to do it on small sections at a time @Miniliteman. 😊

I have trouble getting mechanics to do what I ask. They will only do jobs when and if they decide they want too. Other people I have spoken too have told me the same thing when I ask why didnt this or that get fixed on their cars. On my mums Toyota Camry I kept telling her mechanic that the thermo fan wasn't always kicking in properly. It worked once in front of him and refused to do anything further. I asked him numerous times over a couple of years. The car over heated eventually and engine blew up. Upon rebuilding the engine complete with pistons and rings he says to me "oh I had to replace the fan sensor as it had a faulty connection and wasn't cutting in all the time." Great bit of detective work idiot!

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1