WOW !!! :shock:

need to go have a lay down before replying 8)

that's a LOT of exellent detail work you've done there :thumbsup:

I knew you lot "down under" produced some taisty mototrs but they seem to be getting better :o

And stop with the rust free shell stuff can't you lie and tell us you spent 3 years welding it up like what we do :lol:

Awsome car mate you can really see the effort that's gone into it :mrgreen:

loving the carbon work as well, first time :? Dam :thumbsup:

Can you send the pictures to me and i'll post them on buysell for you :thumbsup:....cortinatim@btinternet.co.uk thanks fooking love this car :mrgreen:

I will be around my brothers next week .... so ill use his broadband connection and up load em.

Cheers for the offer though !!!

On another note BORTAF: It seems You guys get jealous about the fact that we dont get too much rust over here in our cars.... which is true...but i have to tell you what........LOL :mrgreen:

Im bloody jealous of all the OSF car shows...... the amount of people you have that are into OSF's...... The amount of OSF's you guys have over there !!! ........... The availability of aftermarket parts ( there is none over here... you have to make stuff your self )........ Your OSF magazines (we have none ) .......

Should i keep going... :mrgreen:

No bull shit ..... I have said to the misses ..... i want to pack my car on a plane and bring it over to show and thrash on some of your roads !!!!. she tells me im dreaming. If i ever win tax lotto.... ill be on my way, let me tell ya.

When i see pics of the car cruises in the magazines that you have over there , when all you can see is OLD SKOOL FORDS lined uo for what seems like forever ........ It makes me wish i was a pom !.... because that is heven !

Mabe when i die god will just send me to the UK cos he know's ill have more fun there :beer:

As for more pics ??? what do you want to see more of ?

Here are some more pics of what my engine used to look like with the Turbonetics T60-1 and old exhaust manifold etc etc.

image06iy6.jpg

image077fw8.jpg

image085ih1.jpg

As you can see by this pic i used to use a fuel pressure gauge attached to the reg. They never lasted long though as the reg is bolted to the manifold they would just rattle themselves to pieces !!

I forget which rebuild this was :? ( i have broken more engines than most have had hot dinners!.... I was only running a std 4age not the stronger 4AGZE back then....... I was still making 300 odd hp to the tarmac though :thumbsup: )

It was the first of the "attention to detail" builds :mrgreen:

I look back at these pics and smile. This was when things were simple and cost effective...... now there just out of control.

With this setup i made 283 rear wheel kw (380hp)

05112005012ak1.jpg

This is where it all started and my first magazine shoot way back in 2000..... This was 2 years after the initial conversion

I was running a RX7 13b turbo with a 12a exhaust housing to aid in response. This was a good little setup and was making some grunt for the time. Back when 200rwkw was a bench mark and only a few of the 2ltr's were making this sort of power:D let alone a little 1.6L ----- I love putting it to the 2ltrs!

wow have things changed!

caroldbz9.jpg

oldengbayaw8.jpg

"Even higher power figures are in the offing"............ ha ha ha ha no shit they are :D

current power but soon to change !

313rwkwhf5.jpg

23102006029ka1.jpg

A bit of photoshop fun....what you think ?

sweetcorty003vw9.jpg

besides that huge uncharacteristically tacky exhaust, that car is beautiful! just one question... with 420 hp at the rubber, do you really think it's 550 at the crank? 130 horsepower loss through the drivetrain is a bit ridiculous :shock:

besides that huge uncharacteristically tacky exhaust, that car is beautiful! just one question... with 420 hp at the rubber, do you really think it's 550 at the crank? 130 horsepower loss through the drivetrain is a bit ridiculous :shock:

uncharacteristically exhaust..... who's or what character... a car is what you make it.

Each to their own i guess... I run a 3.5 inch exhaust so the muffler will be big no matter what..

I like it anyhow.... its the syle of stuff overhere and in japan where my motor is from... (over here it hints at it's jap motor)

As for the engine.....420hp at the wheels is an old dyno figure and the current power would be higher.

It hasnt been dynoed any further cos im still doing the rear end..

When that figure was achieved it was on pump fuel and conservative ignition timing...

There is still plenty left in her :wink:

I reckon you would prob loose 80 - 100 odd hp through drive train at these power levels.

Not much i can say that has'nt been said :thumbsup:

Cheers again guys..... i didnt expect this much praise.

HELLBLUE : mate ... i got to say.... when i saw your car in classic fords...... i was VERY impressed !! Alot of work has gone into your car structurely and all the little body mods you have done did not go without notice :thumbsup:

For you to give the thumbs up is something !

On a bit of a side note.... what do you guys pay for big brake conversions over there and coilovers for mk2 cortinas ??

I ask because i make kits over here of various levels.

Ie brake conversions with different size calipers and rotors through to the full on brake kit that im using now.

I also do coil overs conversions using bilstein shocks like i have on my car.

I get brand new lower track crontrol arms ( front ) cheap and im told the ones you guys get over there are pretty pricey and of poor quality...

Im wondering if it is worth me sending stuff over if people are interrested ?