Mr2Caps
Members-
Posts
509 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Store
Events
Everything posted by Mr2Caps
-
Of course the actual colour of the model may be different to the colour reproduced on the photograph........also the colour of the model may be an approximation of the colour of the real thing, I would think about looking at some paint charts, although I am sure some helpful people on here could give some pointers?
-
I'm not sure most of this is a debate if I'm honest, however, generally we have our own interests at heart nice home, decent job, money in our pocket to spend on things we enjoy, when this goes wrong we look for people to blame. Politicians are an easy target, however the fact is labour screwed it up, and they knew it, let's not forget the note left in the treasury when the coalition took power to the effect of "there's nothing left-good luck". As a country we were living well beyond our means, and a lot of people knew it and chose to ignore it, or made money out of it. That's the way of the world, it isn't going to change. Which leaves us where? We need a leader, Cameron, Milliband, Clegg are not good enough. We need a Churchillian type to take charge and we need a sense of community to all pull together, is this going to happen? Unlikely. A divided and fearful populace is easier to govern.
-
Free Road Tax!.................Road Tax is innocent........
-
Carb & starter refurb for Mr2caps
Mr2Caps replied to Col-ashtonmobile's topic in OLD SKOOL FORD CHAT
Just wanted to say thanks for sorting that for me now all I've got to do is find time to put everything back together! -
Oh, hoses....must get my eyes tested
-
If you've got a river running through your estate, it means the floorpans had it
-
You can use a bucket.
-
Do you know what grade silicone it is? Only you don't want to have to have a fight with the Government in a few years to have them taken out again.......
-
In my opinion its a bit 'how long is a piece of string' sort of question. There are a lot of factors involved. Use of the car, money available, skills available etc Pinto - classic engine, in a classic car. There are obviously a few options available in the usual routes, possibly look into turbo or supercharging? or both! But the further you go from a fairly standard spec the more compromises you make. Zetec/Duratec - Drop a standard one in and you have a modern engine running under little duress, unless you mod it of course. But 'dropping' it in probably over simplifies the situation. Crossflow - Well it is an option, but seems like a retrograde step to me. Although I am sure some will disagree. A few slightly left field ideas: Jap four pot with or without turbo - there are few to choose from and can make good power. Mazda Rotary - Its a bit mental but I have seen a couple of MK2 Escort rally cars running them. Subaru boxer - I have no idea if this would fit, but on the basis you can make anything fit anything given the time and money...... Modern Diesel - Well its an option! They race them now so there must be some validity to their use. Can be made to go quite well too! Although quite what you would have to do to the suspension to make it handle any sense is anyones guess. Running a pinto on LPG might also be an option, but this would need some research, I believe there are some performance advantages with LPG, not just as a money saving exercise, but I have not seen anything on LPG tuning as such. I am sure there are people on here who are more qualified than me to suggest options but there are few thoughts!
-
A Few Pics from Box Hill today.
-
I need your collective opinion - which car to sell?
Mr2Caps replied to stuartp's topic in OLD SKOOL FORD CHAT
i know the sierra isn't awful but i was seriously spoilt by my little cinquecento and it's amazing ability to go for miles on very little fuel (oh and i'd love to try a 2.1 pinto on 45s if you have got tired of yours ) i don't really know what lpg entails but i'll look into it - i reckon a decent service will do it the world of good for a start though btw the wife really misses that sierra and doesn't like the mk2 at all so i might well be nagged into selling it soon anyway (admittedly that was the original plan) Nooooo buy ear defenders! -
I need your collective opinion - which car to sell?
Mr2Caps replied to stuartp's topic in OLD SKOOL FORD CHAT
That's a bit disappointing although I don't think the sierra is particularly thirsty,(try a 2.1 pinto on 45's!) had you thought about an LPG conversion on the MK2 if you are keeping it for a while? Maybe not straight away but maybe one to think about for the future. -
Williams didn't seem to do too badly in qualifying either
-
I need your collective opinion - which car to sell?
Mr2Caps replied to stuartp's topic in OLD SKOOL FORD CHAT
Glad the MK2 is performing daily duties ok stuart, sierra is going well -
Apparently, if you strategically place spiders around your house it stops the clowns coming in..........so you should be ok, as long as you don't bring conkers in to frighten the spiders away.......
-
Mk3 20 years, Mk3 12 years, Mk2 4 years.
-
The 30 square metres rule relates to building regs not planning, speak to the council, tell them what you want to do, and they will tell you if you need permission or not, even better write to them, and you should get a written response.
-
You are correct about the height and the area of the garden If its in Bexhill, pop along to the planning department at Rother Council and ask, there are sometimes areas where planning will be required when ordinarily it wouldn't, conservation areas for example, but there are others. Even if you do need planning permission it doesn't necessarily mean you won't get it, just that you have to go through the hassle of making an application.
-
Well done! I got a 'U' in German mainly cos I answered the questions in French........ Rule number one, don't try and be clever in exams.........
-
Anyone got a pic of their capri with revolutions on??
Mr2Caps replied to Burt Reynolds's topic in OLD SKOOL FORD CHAT
Do you mean like this? on a similar but not quite the same theme..... -
Or we could set up 'Ace Cafe Mobile Catering' from a dodgy caravan and serve under cooked burgers and sausages made from dog meat......maybe doughnuts too with E Coli on the side Its been going on at the Ace for ages, I am surprised that no one has been seriously injured or killed, I stopped going many years ago because I didn't feel safe. I'm used to cars passing close by at high speed, but mostly the drivers give the impression of being in control. (I used to be a marshall) An out of control vehicle, at any speed, can cause untold damage to a soft and squidgy human, been there, seen it thanks. Despite all the red tape involved, circuits and courses are set up the way they are for a reason, to separate people from cars, how funny would it have been if the jeep, hit by the bike, had been replaced by a member of the public, King hilarious, no? Could we not set up a Still retards club page to put our point of view? So that comments made cannot be deleted? As for sending a letter, I trust we sent a copy to the local press as well? As well as the motoring magazines? Just so they know? I am no angel, and like many have driven in silly ways when I was younger, and have a bit of a lead foot, but I have never done anything like that shown in the videos posted earlier.
-
Lets put this into perspective here, you run a race track, there are cars there running highly combustible fuels, you assess the risk and give the marshals a hand held extinguisher, and your rapid response vehicle is a truck with a garden hose on it..........luckily he got out, what if he hadn't?
-
i am also having issues getting on here since the revamp, but thats not the sites fault, i have a lot of clockwork computers..... I like the new look! im also sorting a lot of work related things at the moment
-
Glad no one was seriously hurt, you have to say though, its hardly ruined its looks........