Jump to content

2litreScapri

Members
  • Posts

    706
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    3

Everything posted by 2litreScapri

  1. After missing the last 2 years I'm hoping to make an appearance but my new job states I must work 2 sundays a month so unless I can wrangle out of the rota then I'm there. Wish I could get down the Wingspan more often
  2. Been a bit quiet on progress to the Capper due to finances being tight for last year. Got out & about at many shows this year as co-chairman of the Surrey Capri Club & will be back on the show scene very soon, hopefully with more work on the car planned this year due to actually getting a job. So, first update of 2012. Before Xmas the windscreen cracked whilst I was driving down a dual carriageway. A couple of stone chips had happened before but this created a 2 inch crack. Absolute bummer. Ordered a new screen from Old School Windscreens at Longcross, which got delivered today. Over the last 6 weeks the crack had increased to 4 and a half inches long: Old School Windscreens fitted the screen, along with my replacement rubber trim from East Kent Trim. I also asked them to replace the door frame rubber which had broken as this is a job I've been meaning to do. They have a cafe, so sat there having a lovely full english waiting for them to do the job. They got most of the stickers off the old screen but sadly last years Ace sticker couldn't be salvaged Very friendly people & great service, definitely recommended. All in all, what with a drive round Surrey countryside on the way home, good day.
  3. Nice collection there, Cortina convertible was unusual. Good selection of Capris there as well
  4. Love a bit of American muscle, Sierra looks clean & tidy. Nice motors
  5. What a nice looking motor, something a little different as well
  6. Thanks for the advice guys, I was thinking something like a Revotec fan with controller, something to invest in.
  7. Very smart motor, rear bumpers did look odd, maybe cut up Tranny items? Wouldn't mind a Escort van, where's the money?
  8. Awesome motors, Saph Cos looks mean & moody, but definitely love the Mk1s
  9. Made my first visit to Chelsea cruise last night & was awesome, trouble was getting there & getting stuck in traffic, temp gauge was rising & fan was useless. I know the rad needs recoring but not that bad as it's pretty cool in normal driving situations. Just wondered if investing in an electric fan will help cool it down it heavy traffic situations. The car is reguarly used & rarely go to London anyway but thinking it might help. Advice welcome Cheers
  10. If it has got FR32 then it ust be a Kent cam. Not sure about the markings on the side but maybe it might be a custom profile. I don't know but I would think a company like Kent would keep customer's custom made profile settings on record & the markings are ID numbers.
  11. Always up for a Boxhill meet, good to see Classic Ford will be covering this. Top one Jon!
  12. Nice one, can't wait to see the wheels on it. Top work
  13. Not bad at all, looks a good project
  14. Very nice car, I thought that was unusual to see a MK2 or a Y plate. Do you know where it was in the first 4/5 years of its life?
  15. Cheers, I knew I was always missing some engine tuning knowledge. You never stop learning!
  16. Is there any benefits to running bigger spark plug gaps if you hav a decent coil?
  17. Wasn't me (obviously!) but I believe this is the same Capri I have seen as Morrisons in Basingstoke recently during lunchtimes. Want to try to track down the owner but no luck as yet. I wasn't in my Capri either so if they were around they probably didn't know I was admiring it
  18. Being a young'un Iprobably went to car shows as a kid in the 90's & saw these motors & probably thought they were cool, mind you, I quite like Lilac Whine & the German Mk3. They were cool then & even though they look out of place now it doesn't mean to say they aren't cool still
  19. Looks nice, despite the small pics. What are your plans for it?
  20. Very nice & clean, always love a Harrier
  21. Nice car, like the colour. Fitting a decent Crossflow & Lotus steelies will look the business
  22. Looks very clean & original, loving the 1980's Pye/Goodmans speakers - how retro!
  23. Always love a Capri as a daily, like mine is
  24. Very nice pics there
×
×
  • Create New...