Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Got an offer during the week from an ethusiast (who's also an auto electrican) who's looking for a 1600 X-Flow block... and I've got just the thing, 711 block, complete but not running :roll: , he only needs the block anyway! Thing is, my electrics are fooked on the mk1, so he said he'd sort all my electrics... i.e wire in my centre console wiring to toggle switches (to go on an alloy console) - wipers, lights, spots, fan, heater, fuel pump, push button start etc etc. aswell as fix my 'no idicator & brakelight' problem.... I'm gonna ask him to relay everything anyway so I think it's quite a good deal for the amount of work needed!

 

I'm not going to use the x-flow again regardless so no loss there!

 

What to ye think, deal or no deal... and any tips on how I should get him to wire things up?

 

CheeRS,

AL :wink:

Posted

Deal, bare xflow block will set you back around a ton (Used to be able to pick up whole engines for £60 when I last had one!! :roll: ), compare that to how much it'd cost to pay to get all of the wiring done :wink:

Posted

One of the lads at the Manchester Classic Ford club is a kitchen fitter and he's done a deal for a YB Turbo fitted in his mk1 escy in exchange for a fitted kitchen :lol::lol:

Get it done mate, you know it makes sense :wink:

Posted

What you got to ask yourself is if you paid him cash money, would you go out and sell the block and would you get more money for it? If your anything like i am i'd say deal or you'll be short of cash with a block still sat in your garage doin nothing for who knows how long.

Posted
What you got to ask yourself is if you paid him cash money, would you go out and sell the block and would you get more money for it? If your anything like i am i'd say deal or you'll be short of cash with a block still sat in your garage doin nothing for who knows how long.

 

very good point

 

deal btw :thumbsup:

Posted

If we say your old block is worth about £100, I would want more than that to do what he is doing on your motor, so sounds like a blinding bargain there mate :wink:

 

If he is an auto-electrician, he should know what he is doing, so I wouldn't worry about giving him any tips :wink:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...