escortmad79 Posted September 6, 2007 Report Posted September 6, 2007 Anyone ever been summoned for jury duty? I got a letter through today! I dislike authority, the police (no offence daggle etc) & the government etc so for me to do jury duty is like giving a strict veggie steak with all the trimmings!! Infact I'd go as far to say I'd rather lick p*ss from a thistle but it's compulsary so have to do it! (The jury duty, not licking p*ss off a thistle!! )
flyingbanana Posted September 6, 2007 Report Posted September 6, 2007 ive never had to do it thank fook.............but there is no way out.....my mate tried everything to get out from doing it....he still had to do it
Burns Posted September 6, 2007 Report Posted September 6, 2007 just go in and do it, what's so bad about it?
Gonzo Posted September 6, 2007 Report Posted September 6, 2007 My old man managed to get out of it TWICE!!! go and put yourself in hospital or something the night before. alcohol poisoning plus a few choice narcotics, job's a good'un. These are my own views and not those of the forum as a whole.
NHR115 Posted September 6, 2007 Report Posted September 6, 2007 My old man managed to get out of it TWICE!!! go and put yourself in hospital or something the night before. alcohol poisoning plus a few choice narcotics, job's a good'un. These are my own views and not those of the forum as a whole. Dont tempt him with things like that
NHR115 Posted September 6, 2007 Report Posted September 6, 2007 Oops. Bit late now. I'll hold you personally responsible if there is any long lasting damage in his bid to get rid of the jury duty
flyingbanana Posted September 6, 2007 Report Posted September 6, 2007 eat loads of allbran the night before.......and get ready for alot running the next day
Admin Vista Posted September 6, 2007 Admin Report Posted September 6, 2007 Might be interesting you never know. Plus, whilst authorities may not score well on your christmas card list. Imagine living without law and order, here's a few examples..... Somalia Rwanda Darfur Si erra Leone Iraq Afghanistan Zimbabwe I could go on but I'm sure you get my drift. Next time you get lifted (hopefully never) be pissed at getting caught out but at the same time be grateful for living in a society that is on the whole a law abiding one.
Cookie Posted September 6, 2007 Report Posted September 6, 2007 I'm certainly no fan of authority either mate, regardless of who it is, telling me what do to is a big no no BUT, think of it as a chance to help give someone what they deserve, you read about all these crims, and sex offenders walking from court scot-free, well this is your chance to have a part in maybe (if you believe they did it obviousley ) giving a victim somewhere some justice.
ratman Posted September 6, 2007 Report Posted September 6, 2007 I did it years back ended up on a case for 5 weeks
Smudger105e Posted September 6, 2007 Report Posted September 6, 2007 Never done Jury service, but would love to!! One way of getting out of Jury Service is to get a job as a copper, they are exempted, eh Daggs?
4parajon Posted September 7, 2007 Report Posted September 7, 2007 BUT, think of it as a chance to help give someone what they deserve, you read about all these crims, and sex offenders walking from court scot-free, well this is your chance to have a part in maybe (if you believe they did it obviousley ) giving a victim somewhere some justice. Thats an excellent point mate, there's been loads of threads on here lately about the "state of this country" see this as an oppurtunity to do "your bit"
baz105e Posted September 7, 2007 Report Posted September 7, 2007 But do remember that it's allways INNOCENT UNTILL PROVEN GUILTY
Admin Mk2Jo Posted September 7, 2007 Admin Report Posted September 7, 2007 I would love to do it Only problem is that my boss wouldn't pay me so I would lose out as you can only claim a minimum amount for loss of earnings
DeuceCoupe Posted September 7, 2007 Report Posted September 7, 2007 I have been called twice and got out of it twice as I was pregnant. How luck am I.
RETRO_AL Posted September 7, 2007 Report Posted September 7, 2007 Ive done it,it was the most interesting thing ive ever done The case was a bit horrid, and they went into very fine detail
sab6024 Posted September 7, 2007 Report Posted September 7, 2007 I did Jury Service when I was 23 and I had a Rape case to sit on. The guy got sent down for 6 years It was awful listening to the facts but really really fascinating. I would LOVE to get the chance to do it again. Paid quite well too DO IT...I'll bet you love it
sab6024 Posted September 7, 2007 Report Posted September 7, 2007 I would love to do it Only problem is that my boss wouldn't pay me so I would lose out as you can only claim a minimum amount for loss of earnings When I did it I got paid what I would have earnt and my mileage on top. Which was a bonus
escortmad79 Posted September 7, 2007 Author Report Posted September 7, 2007 It's £30 odd if it lasts up to 4 hours & £59.95 if it goes over (I earn slightly more than that at work!) I will be sat on the bench, bored out of my tree not paying attention
Trevmk3 Posted September 8, 2007 Report Posted September 8, 2007 i got summond to do jury duty 2 years ago, 3 days before the case they rang me and said they had too many jurors coming and asked if i still wanted to do it, so i said no i think they must ask for more than they need incase there are people who cant do it so you still might not have to do it mate
Smudger105e Posted September 8, 2007 Report Posted September 8, 2007 I have been called twice and got out of it twice as I was pregnant. How luck am I. There you go Escortmad, get pregnant!!
escortmad79 Posted September 8, 2007 Author Report Posted September 8, 2007 i got summond to do jury duty 2 years ago, 3 days before the case they rang me and said they had too many jurors coming and asked if i still wanted to do it, so i said no i think they must ask for more than they need incase there are people who cant do it so you still might not have to do it mate
negri Posted September 8, 2007 Report Posted September 8, 2007 ive been twice and to be honest certain bits are boring but at the same time its quite interesting . the cases ive been on have lasted less than a week but the other people that where there that day got a 8 week trial . no good that . you can claim around 60 pounds a day and travelling expenses . if you really really want to get out of it you can go and get a doctors line telling them that you are a really nervous person and couldnt face sitting in the court room .
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now