Who has the slowest car here?

johnny_h

There are some impressive slow times here, does anyone have any magazine feature evidence from yesteryear?
Funny you should say that :wink: . check out the standard 1200 anglebox and it's 23 sec 1/4 mile :oops: . Still it's almost as fast through the slalom as a 5.7 litre V8 one is !!!!!!! :mrgreen:pictures1185.jpgpictures1186.jpg

0-60 = Almost 26 seconds LMAO!

got nearly 50mph (speedo indicated lol) in the 100e! 1172cc side valve, 3 speed gearbox, vacume wipers lol :mrgreen: i recon i could have seen 55 though if i had a few miles and a tail wind though :thumbsup:

Yeah same here fella.

Mrs Nettles 100e topped out at about 60mph before we blew the crap out of it coming back from the Medway meet last year :dope::lol:

My Mk1 Cortina may not be the slowest, but I'm sure it's close. Here is the specs:

Totally stock, never rebuild 1500 backed up by an automatic tranny.

I have driven it on the highway and it will keep up with traffic so it must top out at about 80mph but it's not happy there for long!

Can't tell how fast i'm going 'cause my speedo does not work!

Just so us normal people with boggo home made engine's can have something to talk about. So come on, who is slowest. And your car must have an working engine and running gear to compete :lol::thumbsup:

:lol::lol::lol:

Brilliant thread mate!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Especially like the references to Gaz!! :thumbsup:

:lol::lol::lol:

Not quite the slowest but nearly...The van had 55 bhp, top speed was maybe 60....65 for short distances...

It would be faster if i drove it off a cliff...just before impact!! :D

Looking forward to seeing how fast it is with the V6 in there...... :D

i once had the capri up to 85mph!!!! (downhill on a motorway :lol: )

the top speed in the book is only 82 and it had no mods :lol:

didnt like it though... the poor little 1.3 engine screemed like it was being raped!

everything in the car was shaking... the fuel gadge swang between 1/4 and 3/4 full