Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

We've been buying newer lorrys ready for this, its how I spend my days converting them for what we use them for.

 

You can buy an exhaust to bring the engine up to spec but it'll cost you around £5k !!

Posted
We've been buying newer lorrys ready for this, its how I spend my days converting them for what we use them for.

 

You can buy an exhaust to bring the engine up to spec but it'll cost you around £5k !!

:roll:

 

i drive 32ton lorrys and understand it been in place but a half ton pickup? wtf? 2.5k to bring a 500 quid pick up up to spec for a year :roll::roll::shock:

Posted

I will keep well away from London with the LT 40! it makes it so difficult to run a business within the London area, I feel for you guy's who do, don't think my two mid 90's Trannie flatbed's would get on very well :(

Posted

I think the gov are trying to run this country into the ground!but at least everyone will be able to walk around london in the clean air while they are out of work :lol:

Posted

I wonder how many people have bought things like these double cabs pickups thinking yea we'll be alright, only to find if its an oldun (diesel) they are gonna be stuffed in 2012. I've just bought one my self, but had a hell of a game trying to find a later one I could afford and get to it before someone snapped it up. Seems some have twigged this already.

The guy I bought my dcp from was also doing a great trade in late Transits, said he'd never been so busy.

Posted
dirty turds even my taxi p100 is banned from 2012 :evil:

Mine too :(

only just converted it to fooking diesel then they changed the LEZ to include all comercials even my little 1 TON pickup, after a twink sierra to break to change BACK to petrol now :roll:

Only camper vans below 2.1 ton will be able to miss it or petrol vehical obv :roll:

I might try for a truckman top and fit a bed and wardrobe and get it reclassified as a camper :lol:

Posted

talked to a mate today who bought a van with a rear arm cradle thing to do street lighting/signs, that and his existing van are no good !! return of the horse and cart soon :? loads of vans will be going north for cheap money i bet .

Posted

Only applies to Diesel vehicles if they are classed as commericals over 1205kg. This can affect some Land Rovers/Range Rovers most double cab pickups, I'm sure there are plenty of other "everyday" vehicles affected too.

 

 

- Larger vans

- Motorised horseboxes

- 4x4 light utility vehicles

- Pick-ups

- Other specialist vehicles 1.205 tonnes unladen, to 3.5 tonnes Gross Vehicle Weight Vehicles registered as new before 1 January 2002

- Motor caravans

- Ambulances 2.5 - 3.5 tonnes Gross Vehicle Weight Vehicles registered as new before 1 January 2002

- Minibuses (with more than 8 passenger seats) 5 tonnes or less Gross Vehicle Weight Vehicles registered as new before 1 January 2002

Posted

Bear in mind too, vehicles currently exempt cos they meet the emissions standard will shortly not be exempt, as the required standard will be (I think) euro 4. So that's another nasty shock for those smug owners who thought they were getting away with it. It's never gonna stop, so my best advice is go petrol or go tax exempt.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...