john_3.0s Posted February 19, 2007 Report Posted February 19, 2007 first time its been near the public highway in about 3 years after doing about 50 miles in 2 years! needs a bit more work than i remember but with the capper still in bits i'll get it together and tested for the summer "as is" so watch this space Good news is that its a solid type 49 with a lairy 1740 on twin 40s. engine was built for a sprint car about 5 years ago and never run, dynod at 115 at the back wheels in a mk2 so it goes ok, hope u like...
john_3.0s Posted February 19, 2007 Author Report Posted February 19, 2007 cheers bud, will weld up a little hole in the inner sill, get the brakes freed off then take it for a test in a couple of weeks, but im sure it wont be that simple as it never is!
marky4 Posted February 20, 2007 Report Posted February 20, 2007 looks very tidy like the colour good luck with it
Pipster007 Posted February 20, 2007 Report Posted February 20, 2007 Very nice. Not too many silver MK1's about
Mk 1 Mark Posted February 20, 2007 Report Posted February 20, 2007 Nice car..Good luck with it... Do love a Mk1 mex
john_3.0s Posted February 20, 2007 Author Report Posted February 20, 2007 its not an original colour, its stardust silver and was re-painted in the mid 90s. Long term plan is to re-spray it when the body work is done and prob go orange (sebring red?) like my old rs2000. Im now on the look out for a couple of fabric RS seats....
Johnson Posted February 20, 2007 Report Posted February 20, 2007 Very nice mate, looks cool in the silver
Admin Vista Posted February 20, 2007 Admin Report Posted February 20, 2007 Looks tidy you don't get them that clean very often. It may not be the original colour but is an original colour. What colour was it before it was silver?
john_3.0s Posted February 20, 2007 Author Report Posted February 20, 2007 im not sure what the original colour was as it was bare metaled inside and out. Its not quite as good as it looks im afraid, but its a solid enough shell and as u say its pretty original other than had seats from a twin cam dropped in just before I had it. Its had a cage in it at some stage as I remember seeing the holes so will prob see the safety devices one i have got fits. Going to go for the "period" look so nothing too major as its a shame to hack about with a shell that original.
Admin Vista Posted February 20, 2007 Admin Report Posted February 20, 2007 If you have the original chassis plate and / or the AVO plate, I should be able to tell you the colour from that.
105Nick Posted February 20, 2007 Report Posted February 20, 2007 That looks superb mate good luck with it!
john_3.0s Posted February 20, 2007 Author Report Posted February 20, 2007 If you have the original chassis plate and / or the AVO plate, I should be able to tell you the colour from that. cheers bud I will try and dig it out as I did have it once. would I be right in thinking that wood trim and a centre console make it a custom model?
60ftman Posted February 20, 2007 Report Posted February 20, 2007 I love Mex's. I've got a bonnet badge 'O' if you need it!
john_3.0s Posted February 20, 2007 Author Report Posted February 20, 2007 I've got a bonnet badge 'O' if you need it! Thanks mate but thats the least of my bothers at the mo plus I must have one somewhere......
Gareth Posted February 20, 2007 Report Posted February 20, 2007 hope u like... Whats not to like about a mk1 Mex with a lairy X-flow Best of luck with the MOT dude
Admin Vista Posted February 20, 2007 Admin Report Posted February 20, 2007 If you have the original chassis plate and / or the AVO plate, I should be able to tell you the colour from that. cheers bud I will try and dig it out as I did have it once. would I be right in thinking that wood trim and a centre console make it a custom model? According to my info the Custom pack on the Mex from Nov 73 to Dec 74 consisted of: - Sound insulating kit Vinyl roof RS type centre console with cigar lighter, clock and provision for a radio and spot switches Varnished wood trim panels on dash facia, switch panel, instrument binnacle and glove box Reclining RS type contoured front seats with rear seat in matching cloth Triple coach line at waist height. You also had the following factory options available RS alloys (5.5J) LSD Bilstein rally or sport setting suspension kit Wheel arch extensions 2 x 6" Oscar driving lamps 175HR70x13" radial tyres Opening rear 1/4 windows metallic paint Push button radio Front seat head rests (only with custom pack) Let me know if you find the colour code
johnny_h Posted February 20, 2007 Report Posted February 20, 2007 Love it! Nice original lookin. Having said that no Mex was ever produced with the wood door cappings as an option.
john_3.0s Posted February 20, 2007 Author Report Posted February 20, 2007 cheers for the info chaps, will look up the chassis plate at the weekend
RedditchJay Posted February 21, 2007 Report Posted February 21, 2007 SEBRING RED.................. ROCKS [img] BEST COLOUR
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now