Exhaust manifold heat wraps, any good?

Anyone have any advice on these please.

Have you used it, do you currently use it, does it work, or should i just not bother as it is shite - is the sort of answers I am hoping some of you may be able to give me.

It doesn't look too expensive, although they do suggest professional fitting?

The fuel lines in my Capri do seem to run perilously close to the red hot exhaust manifolds, and I don't really want to be starting any unwanted fires if possible.

I will look at rerunning the fuel lines during this coming Winter, but as a quick safety fix for this Summer was looking at wrapping the manifolds? Although rerunning the fuel lines may be an easier job than wrapping the manifolds, but if good things are said of it I may still wrap anyway as anything to keep the heat down in the bay can only be a good thing.

As always ladies any advice very much appreciated.

Cheers Katana, I have been reading reviews on the wrap just on google in general, and as always lots of opinions, but the majority seem to be not to bother with it, so something like you have suggested may be ideal, I could also sleeve my clutch cable as that is very close on the other side and one of my smaller water hoses.

pro's;

higher exhaust flow speed, lower under bonnet temperature.

cons;

heating-cooling down traps condens between manif. and wraps. Manifold gets hotter under wraps, wich affects materials physical properties.

That's what makes mild steel exhaust manifolds deteriorate faster.

not sure about how far capturing heat inside ex.maif., affects a cylinderhead. I would make sure, to have sufficient cooling trough it.

nice job on the manifold was it very expensive

Was the equivalent of about a 100 pounds. I was expecting a more alloy look rather than a chrome one but still happy with the result. I didnt just get it done for looks though, the RS manifolds are prone to cracking and the ceramic coating is supposed to help prevent that. Its not just been coated on the outside but inside as well.